- FIELD TEST OF THE BAADER MAXBRIGHT® II BINOVIEWER
- My Experience using SkyWatch for the Alphea All Sky Camera from Alcor Systems
- Astroart 7 - A Review and "How To" (Part 1)
- My experience using two 80-millimeter long-focus refractors
- GSO 8-inch TRUE CASSEGRAIN
- Celestron Regal 65ED M2
- Review: The Vixen FL55ss
- PrimaLuceLab Eagle Review
- interstellarum Deep Sky Guide Desk Edition
- Chronicling the Golden Age of Astronomy: A History of Visual Observing from...
- Omegon Mini Track LX2 Review
- Review of the APM 152 ED serial number 245
- THE BURGESS 24MM MODIFIED ERFLE & 10MM ULTRAMONO
- APM 140mm DOUBLET APO REFRACTOR
- Comparison of the Boltwood II and Sky Alert Cloud Sensors
CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.
Rini 30mm MPL Eyepiece
Discuss this article in our forums
I bought this eyepiece from Telescope warehouse. about two years ago. It was advertised as a 60deg afov eyepiece with 15mm eyerelief. It has five coated elements. The price was $23.50 plus shipping. I was looking for the a widefield lowcost scanning eyepiece for my 80mm FL 11.4 Celestron Firstscope refractor in the 1.25 eyepiece size. The eyepiece is threaded for filters unlike some of Paul Rini's other eyepieces it also threaded on the top.I belive for a camera.for astrophotography.the 30mm is black in color and is rather large for a 1.25 eyepiece.there are pictures of it on the telescope warehouse website.Well how does it perform. It is sharper than my 25mm 500 series plossl in my scope it is sharp almost to the edge. I would say the last 5% be a little soft. Also, the afov is not 60deg by my calculations. I measured the field stop with digital calipers and came up with 28.3 field stop. If the formula that I got online is correct.28.3 divided by 30 times 57.3 =5 4 deg afov not 60deg but not bad with the 1.25 barrel limits. I also belive the barrel is the field stop. This is a decent eyepiece at anyprice a great eyepiece at $23.50.