- FIELD TEST OF THE BAADER MAXBRIGHT® II BINOVIEWER
- My Experience using SkyWatch for the Alphea All Sky Camera from Alcor Systems
- Astroart 7 - A Review and "How To" (Part 1)
- My experience using two 80-millimeter long-focus refractors
- GSO 8-inch TRUE CASSEGRAIN
- Celestron Regal 65ED M2
- Review: The Vixen FL55ss
- PrimaLuceLab Eagle Review
- interstellarum Deep Sky Guide Desk Edition
- Chronicling the Golden Age of Astronomy: A History of Visual Observing from...
- Omegon Mini Track LX2 Review
- Review of the APM 152 ED serial number 245
- THE BURGESS 24MM MODIFIED ERFLE & 10MM ULTRAMONO
- APM 140mm DOUBLET APO REFRACTOR
- Comparison of the Boltwood II and Sky Alert Cloud Sensors
CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.
Nov 22 2014 12:42 PM | Bill Steen in 100mm - 110mm Refractors
The Meade Infinity 102 AZ Altazimuth Refractor A Review by Bill Steen September, 2014 This review is in response to feedback I requested and received on an article submitted to Cloudy Nights on my thoughts on the two new lines of Meade entry level scopes, the Infinity Altazimuth and Polaris Equatorial series. After a few weeks, I received a cryptic email from Meade telling me that an Infinity 102 AZ Refractor and a Polaris 130 Equatorial Reflector were being sent to me for my review, with no other words.
Jan 06 2010 07:16 AM | aa5te in 100mm - 110mm Refractors
The Autostar controller motor and controller function as they should and as they did on two other Meade scopes that I’ve had (a DS2130-AT and a DS-2090AT-TC). It seems as if the drive sometime skips gear teeth or can’t
Dec 17 2009 10:11 AM | twh in 100mm - 110mm Refractors
So since this was a floor model, I can’t speak to packing and assembly. Also, you will have to take some of my experience with a grain of salt since the scope had been handled and played with by who knows how many people. In addition, remember I was totally green, so
Oct 30 2009 05:39 AM | Guest in 100mm - 110mm Refractors
After owning the scope for a while, I decided to try some color deep sky imaging with it. My thought was that maybe problems caused by chromatic aberration inherent in essentially all short focal length achromats might be able to be tamed in image post-processing
Sep 10 2009 06:58 AM | astroneil in 100mm - 110mm Refractors
There's never been a better time to own a high-quality refractor. Improvements in manufacturing techniques, computer aided design and the ready availability of high quality glass has resulted in a proliferation of new designs, promising ever better views.
Apr 23 2009 07:40 AM | chgomonitor in 100mm - 110mm Refractors
I was instantly struck with two first impressions, both of which have totally stuck. One, this thing is quite a bit bigger and heftier than I had thought and Two, the build quality, workmanship, craftsmanship and overall engineering of this thing are very, very impressive