- Rebuilding my CGE Pro
- COUNTING SUNSPOTS WITH A $10 OPTICAL TUBE ASSEMBLY
- Hubble Optics 14 inch Dobsonian - Part 2: The SiTech GoTo system
- iStar Optical’s Phantom FCL 140-6.5 review
- Who’s Afraid of a Phantom: Istar Phantom 140mm F/6.5, that is?
- SHARPSTAR 94EDPH APOCHROMATIC REFRACTOR
- My Losmandy G11T review
- FIELD TEST: THE NOH CT-20 ALT-AZ MOUNT
- SkyTee-2 Alt/Az Mount Review
- SharpStar Askar ACL200 200-mm f/4 astrographic telephoto lens
- A review of the Unistellar EVscope
- Astrotrac 360 tracking platform – first impression
- FIELD TEST: CARL ZEISS APOCHROMATIC & SHARPEST (CZAS) BINOVIEWER
- Omegon 32mm 70º SWA eyepiece review
- Review of iPolar hardware and software for polar alignment
CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.
Dec 16 2014 03:18 PM | Gianluca67 in Other Telescopes
I had the opportunity to observe the sky with this spotting scope during my holidays last Summer. My Father in law happened to own the Celestron Ultima 80 for nature watching and shooting sport and had left the scope at his holiday house near the seaside where I spent my holidays with my family. The sky there is pretty good so you can see 5.0-5.5 magnitude stars with the unaided eye at the zenith.
Dec 29 2009 11:55 AM | arpee in Other Telescopes
I purchased a Tasco reflector 2 years ago with an eye towards involving my 3 little boys in something awe-inspiring and science-minded. What better to get them thinking about everything from physics to metaphysics than
Dec 16 2009 10:48 AM | BDUBU in Other Telescopes
First off, to get the GOTO to work properly you must have the scope pointing north. Not true north, just north. The scope must be level, this is easily achieved with a bubble level or a standard (small) level placed on the top of
Dec 08 2009 10:13 AM | kurtfriedrich in Other Telescopes
While neither of these scopes is particularly large, setting up involves carrying out the tripod/mount, then the counterweights, then the rings assembly, and then the scope