•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Tightening focuser on AT80ED

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Olivier Biot

Olivier Biot

Amused

• topic starter

Posted 10 March 2007 - 10:59 AM

Hi folks,

It looks like the 40mm Paragon and a 2" diagonal are a bit too much for the default friction provided by the Crayford focuser in my AT80ED. I'd like to tighten up the focuser in order to remove the occasional slipping. The 2-page description sheet of the AT80ED on Astro-Tech's website doesn't specify this manipulation.

When I put the OTA upside down, I see a number of recessed bolts, some anodized, some not (see attached photo).

What's the procedure to follow?

Attached Thumbnails

• 1473212-AT80ED_bottom.jpg

#2 pollux

pollux

artiste

Posted 10 March 2007 - 11:52 AM

I tweaked a SW Equniox before and the focuser is exactly the same as your scope's

You need to first try the one in the middle (the biggest hole). There's a screw (you need allen key) to control the tension

#3 Olivier Biot

Olivier Biot

Amused

• topic starter

Posted 10 March 2007 - 12:13 PM

Hi Pollux,

Many thanks for your reply! I slightly tightened the nut in the central recessed hole in the elliptical flat base. Now there's no more slack!

:yay:

Cheers,

Olivier

#4 spaceydee

spaceydee

James Webb Space Telescope

Posted 10 March 2007 - 01:05 PM

Yeah!! :)

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics