•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Unitron Astrographic cameras

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Awesomelenny

Awesomelenny

Skylab

• topic starter

Posted 26 March 2007 - 11:21 AM

Hello Unitron and Polarex fans!

A friend of mine from the Netherlands currently has 2 Unitron astrographic cameras up for sale in the classifieds on Astromart! :shocked:

One is a 60mm f/5 AstroGraphic camera and the other is a 4 inch f/5 AstroGraphic camera .

I have purchased from this guy a few times and he is a good seller. As I recall, the 4 inch astrographic camera was shown attached to the 6 inch Unitron observatory model.

(Note: these cameras are not to be confused with the Model 220A or 220B astrocameras.) But these astrographic cameras are exceptionally rare in my estimation. Anyone else know of these selling in the recent past?

Clear skies all!!!

#2 John Jarosz

John Jarosz

Astro Gearhead

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:25 PM

I wonder if he is fishing to get a value?

John

#3 Awesomelenny

Awesomelenny

Skylab

• topic starter

Posted 26 March 2007 - 02:46 PM

He is really selling them. Of course it will go to the highest bidder. He has no idea what these are actually worth because of the scarcity of these cameras on the market. In any event, this is going to be interesting to watch.

#4 Bonco

Bonco

Skylab

Posted 26 March 2007 - 03:42 PM

No doubt they are rare but likely of more interest for collectors than users as it's a plate camera. Not too many using those anymore. I suspect the film is rather expensive these days. Nice looking camera tho.
Bonco

#5 BHunt

BHunt

Apollo

Posted 26 March 2007 - 06:20 PM

Cough up the cake Lenny, make him an offer!!!
Bill :woohoo:

#6 John Jarosz

John Jarosz

Astro Gearhead

Posted 26 March 2007 - 06:54 PM

Does anyone know what these originally sold for (and the year)?

That would explain their relative worth in terms of what quality they were originally.

Actually, I think sheet film cameras make more sense, as you only use up the film you actually expose. With rolls, if you only take a couple of shopts you either have to save the film or develop it anyway. Sheet film also allows you to develop a single sheet to a unique set of parameters which may help you optimize the image.

John

#7 John Jarosz

John Jarosz

Astro Gearhead

Posted 26 March 2007 - 06:56 PM

Well, if it's goin to the highest bidder, I'd be a lot more comfortable if it were a real honest-to-goodnes auction, in the auction section.

My opinion anyway. :grin:

John

#8 Awesomelenny

Awesomelenny

Skylab

• topic starter

Posted 26 March 2007 - 09:08 PM

I kind of agree. Personally, I think he should have it in the auction section there but the problem there is that there is very little activity there anyway.

Ebay probably would yield him the highest returns.

Bill, I am saving the bucks for a nice Unitron pier...if if ever comes to pass...

#9 BHunt

BHunt

Apollo

Posted 26 March 2007 - 09:18 PM

That would be nice Lenny, do you have a picture of one? You never know I might see one. It would be nice though to have one of these camera deals. Would sorta make a Unitron complete with all the bells and whistles.
Bill

#10 Awesomelenny

Awesomelenny

Skylab

• topic starter

Posted 27 March 2007 - 07:57 AM

Bill,

There are pictures of the cameras on the links I gave in the first post. As for the pier, I have seen pictures of it right here in CloudyNights where someone got lucky and bought the whole 4 inch Model 166 Observatory setup on ebay with a buy it now option for just $3500! The guy that sold it I heard wanted to kick himself when he found out what that model really could have sold for! There are other user pictures of this pier on the Unitron Telescopes Yahoo Group and also elsewhere on the internet...

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics