•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Sear 60mm F=900 model #4 6305-A mint circle T

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#26 Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 07 April 2007 - 01:24 AM

Thank you all. I hope I made a good investment there. I had really disregarded the auction. I just happened to look at it right before I left for work which was around an hour before it closed. I didn't realize that the seller had dropped the minimum by $50.00, so I thought, what the heck, I'll place a bid and see what happens since there were no bidders. I really thought I would be outbid, but maybe that means I paid too much. The shipping for me was $38.88, so $188.88 for the total. I'm not sure of the age of this scope. I didn't have much luck researching the model #. It would be nice to come up with a list of model #'s and date of manufacture for the Sears scopes. I was thinking maybe it is from the '70's. When did they stop selling them in wood cases? I believe this scope also has a grey tube. Is that a useful indicator of age? Now I'm just hoping the seller does a good job packing it. Wish I had it tonight with the clear skies I have, although it is pretty cold. It was only 24 degrees for our Messier Marathon.

#27 trainsktg

trainsktg

Aurora

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:42 AM

I believe the metal legged Discoverers came after the wooden legged ones, otherwise thay are identical scopes. Your new one is probably mid 70's. Your final purchase price was a little higher than what they usually go for, but considering its condition I'd say it was worth it. Shipping for me was about $75, which even with the reduced price made it too expensive for me.

Welcome to the Discoverer club.

Keith

#28 BHunt

BHunt

Apollo

• topic starter

Posted 07 April 2007 - 09:22 AM

Ken you got a great buy that scope is MINT!
Bill

#29 mikey cee

mikey cee

Cosmos

Posted 07 April 2007 - 09:33 AM

Ken Look at it this way. Nobody's put their greasy paws on it! That right there is worth the shipping alone! Mike

#30 Jae

Jae

Apollo

Posted 07 April 2007 - 01:29 PM

Mike,

Would love to hear how sharp the lens is on that scope. Congrats !

Jae

#31 mikey cee

mikey cee

Cosmos

Posted 08 April 2007 - 10:56 PM

Which lens are we talking about here? :question: Mike

#32 Jae

Jae

Apollo

Posted 09 April 2007 - 12:13 PM

Which lens are we talking about here? :question: Mike

Oops....sorry Mike, :o I meant Ken on his new find.

Ken, how about a report on the optics at some point ? :)

Jae

#33 Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 09 April 2007 - 12:43 PM

Will do Jae when I get it in my hot little hands. Looks to be a good one.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics