•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

For Canon 15x50 & 18x50 IS owners - a great case

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 21 July 2004 - 11:15 PM

The case that came with my newly acquired Canon 15x50 Image Stabilizer binocs is nicely made and looks good, but is rather basic. No useful pockets or extra space for anything. Also, its drawstring-type top makes it a bit fiddly to quickly load and unload the binoculars from the case -- the rubber coating on the binocs tends to bind on the fabric of the case. So I looked for a better answer at several stores, but found that most camera cases weren't large enough for these big binocs, and most camcorder cases were not the right shape (too wide or "blocky").

Then, at a Best Buy store, I found the perfect case -- the LowePro EX 150:

Posted Image

This case is called a "multipurpose" case, but is meant for photographers' use and is actually designed to be a perfect fit for certain models HP Photo Printers. The Canon binocs fit perfectly. It's like the bag was designed just for them! And there are pouches and zippered nooks aplenty for extra batteries, lens cleaning supplies, and such. My digital camera even fits nicely in the front pocket.

Best of all, it was on clearance for just $24.99. If you own one of these Canon binoculars, bring them over to your nearby Best Buy store and check out this bag, before they're gone. I highly recommend it!

Cheers,

Dave

#2 KennyJ

KennyJ

The British Flash

Posted 22 July 2004 - 01:40 AM

Good tip Dave,

While some people ( my wife being one )have a "thing" about buying more shoes than makes sense to me , I have a similar obsession with carry bags and cases such as the one you illustrated.

I have a range of bags and cases that will hold anything from a small pair of binoculars to five pair of binos ,an assortment of maps , baseball cap , sunglasses , pen and note book and a picnic for two !

It gives me SOMETHING to check out at markets when my wife is satisfying her shoe craving !

Regards -- Kenny.

#3 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 22 July 2004 - 10:03 AM

Sorry. I realize the link above doesn't work. To check this out online in more detail, go to BestBuy.com and put "EX 150" in the search box.

Cheers,

Dave

#4 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 22 July 2004 - 03:06 PM

Hey all ive been here a couple times and am new but i know about this holder for binoculars supposed to be pretty good i work with a couple guys that have them and like them but they use them for hunting and atv so maybe not as good for what you use them for but worth saying i guess ... [url=http://binocsock.com

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics