•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

focussing problem with oberwerk 12x60

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 22 July 2004 - 10:35 AM

my oberwerk 12x60's have a very loose focussing mechanism. whenever i use them and put any pressure against the eyepieces the focussing changes! it's very annoying. unfortunately, i'm not mechanically inclined, and can't figure out if there's anything i can do to fix the problem, short of sending them in for repair. can anyone offer any suggestions? thanks. bruce

#2 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 22 July 2004 - 11:32 AM

I have never encountered this problem before so I can't really help, but there are some CN members that have much experience with binocular assembly and repair. Hopefully, they'll see this soon and give a hand.

That does seem very odd that just pressure on the EPs causes them to de-focus. Are you sure that while you're putting your eyes up to the binos you're not inadvertently doing something else to cause this?

#3 EdZ

EdZ

Professor EdZ

Posted 22 July 2004 - 11:46 AM

While this is not a serius problem, it is a very annoying one. Instructions could not be given to easily fix this problem. However this is not a problem you can live with. You need to call back to the seller for help in resolving your problem.

edz

#4 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 22 July 2004 - 03:22 PM

hi, nightwatch, thanks for replying. the focussing wheel turns much too easily, so just pushing a bit on the eyepieces causes it to turn and change the focus. if there was just something that could be tightened to fix that wheel i'd be all set! bruce

#5 EdZ

EdZ

Professor EdZ

Posted 22 July 2004 - 03:47 PM

There is, but you shouldn't mess with it.

edz

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics