•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Binocular Harness?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 26 July 2004 - 11:49 AM

Does anyone use binocular harnesses like the hunters and birders like? Something similar to this? Or this?

My intended use would be for keeping my binos handy while riding my bike, for daytime aircraft spotting and for walking around air shows. Relatively large and heavy Canon 15x50 IS binos.

What's the best kind? Pros and cons? Your experiences?

Thanks in advance for advice.

Cheers,

Dave

#2 Rammysherriff

Rammysherriff

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 26 July 2004 - 02:46 PM

Hmmmmmm.... looks a bit S & M to me.

Simpler solution, but less glam. Use a normal good quality neck strap in the conventional way. Take 3 feet of broad, firm elastic and tie it around your chest, slip binos under elastic when not in use to prevent swinging swaying and banging. If you go blue, the elastic is too tight.

You can get all jazzy with bits of velcro, snap lock fasteners for the band, little gizmos to attach binos to the band instead of tucking them in, but this may raise project expenditure over the 50p limit. Stay away from people who have leather ones with studs in. ;)

#3 lighttrap

lighttrap

Soyuz

Posted 26 July 2004 - 04:29 PM

I use one whenever I'm using the Nikon SE 12x50s. I think mine is even called Binoharness. It was something like $25 and I consider it money very well spent.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics