•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Final Score ! UPS Gorilla' s 21 - Da Bear 7

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#26 Da Bear

Da Bear

Apollo

• topic starter

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:39 PM

Mark,

I spoke to UPS corporate for 30 minutes, but they want to inspect the scope at the Dallas office and the most I can get is $20 .55 plus "some reasonable percentage" of the S & H. So I'm keeping the scope so the primates..er...inmates..whatever....don't get a second shot at the scope.

Happiness and joy are rare qualities, my energies are better spent making a better and brighter life for my wife, family, friends (especailly the great folks at CN), and observing under a new moon with Sunny at my feet and a Irish Coffee in my hand.

Da Bear

#27 trainsktg

trainsktg

Aurora

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:52 AM

Mr. Ursid, I had a 1950s era scope come with a 5x24 finder scope missing its objective. I believe you might be able to scrounge around and come up with a used finder scope of not-too-good quality and still get a servicable lens out of it. I did this with mine...its not great, but it works fairly OK, and being the finder, I wasn't too worried about it. At least you won't see those losy chips everytime you use it.

OK, nuff said. Everybody...ommmmmmmmmmmmm.

Swami Keith

#28 Da Bear

Da Bear

Apollo

• topic starter

Posted 26 April 2007 - 08:52 AM

Swami,

Sounds like a smart plan... This scope will become a gift to my 81 year old dad, who has a big balcony and great view of the East Bay hills from his condo. Did Sears have an Amici roof prism of some kind for this type scope?

Da Bear

#29 trainsktg

trainsktg

Aurora

Posted 26 April 2007 - 08:27 PM

I think they used the image erecting system, a set of lenses in a tube that loks alot like a barlow. I believe your scope should have come with one stock. If not, they are almost dirt cheap if you have to get one.

Keith

#30 BHunt

BHunt

Apollo

Posted 26 April 2007 - 08:59 PM

This tasco I bought this past weekend has that.
Bill

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics