•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Does anyone have Criterion Dynamax 8 manuals?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 UmbralRaptor

UmbralRaptor

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:36 AM

I recently discovered one in my parents' garage. It appears to be in perfect shape have all the parts (including the 'golden tripod'), but no manuals. From what my parents say, it gives great views (they've used it a few times, but found setting it up too much hassle. The magnitude 4 skies didn't help.)

I'm asking here, because the previous the previous thread has seen no activity for most of a year, and the initial poster (with the manuals as pdfs) has not been active since November 2005 (based on searches of the forums).

Even if this ends up being average or slightly below average, a free 8" telescope should still be nice (Especially since I'm just starting out). Besides, the idea of my main instruments being about as old as I am is rather amusing...

#2 trainsktg

trainsktg

Aurora

Posted 30 April 2007 - 09:13 AM

This Yahoo Group should be able to get you what you need.

http://groups.yahoo....pe/messages?o=1

I didn't see a PDF manual there, but if you join and post your request, one might be provided.

The Dynamax's didn't have a good reputation for optics or machanics. Hopefully yours works well. Ya definitely can't beat free. :smirk:

Keith

#3 UmbralRaptor

UmbralRaptor

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 30 April 2007 - 07:39 PM

Thank you. Their links section includes a zip/jpg scan of a manual for 6 and 8 inch versions.

#4 trainsktg

trainsktg

Aurora

Posted 30 April 2007 - 09:57 PM

Hey, cool! Glad to help.

Welcome aboard.

Keith

#5 Brian Risley

Brian Risley

Soyuz

Posted 30 April 2007 - 11:29 PM

If you need a manual on the Golden Pyramid Field Tripod, I can scan mine.
Brian

#6 UmbralRaptor

UmbralRaptor

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 02 May 2007 - 05:49 PM

That would be great.

Although it seems that finding a scope has the same effect on the weather as buying one... >.>

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics