•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

This is interesting

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 30 July 2004 - 09:52 AM

Someone has a pair Barska 15x70s on Amart. I'd buy these myself, but I have bougt a pair of ostrich boots and a 6 inch dob this week.

My wife is gone on business this week--she'll never leave me alone again :grin:

#2 Rammysherriff

Rammysherriff

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 30 July 2004 - 06:52 PM

ostrich boots? Please explain to this dumb Limey.

#3 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 30 July 2004 - 07:52 PM

Ostrich boots are top of the line foot wear for cowboys. Fairly common in Oklahoma and Texas.

I am not a cowboy or hick or redneck in any way, but the boots make a statement. (I don't know what statement, but they are comfy.)

#4 Rusty

Rusty

ISS

• In Memoriam

Posted 30 July 2004 - 09:46 PM

Ostrich hide is probably the most supple (comfortable) and durable around. Belts, shoes, boots, it has to be experienced to be believed.

#5 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 31 July 2004 - 06:11 AM

And the ostrich skin has a distinctive appearance that sets it apart from other hides/skins (and the price is usually at the top end for boots, bags, etc).

Boots made from ostrich skin are for "going out" (yee haw!), not for work unless you have a white-collar office job.

Enjoy the boots, and the Dob.

#6 Rammysherriff

Rammysherriff

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 31 July 2004 - 11:06 AM

Ah!

I know a man who farms ostriches (and llamas and deer and trout as well); I wonder if he's aware of this. I will ask.

I have always had good reports of kangaroo and goat also; that's from biking gear where abrasion resistance is important.

#7 StarWars

StarWars

Mr. Postmaster Man

Posted 01 August 2004 - 01:39 AM

Ostrich hide is probably the most supple (comfortable) and durable around. Belts, shoes, boots, it has to be experienced to be believed.

WOW... I'll take two pillow cases ... :lol:

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics