•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

AM UNITRON hurry

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 clintwhitman

clintwhitman

Caveman

• topic starter

Posted 05 May 2007 - 11:20 AM

Hi yall just saw this budget minded Unitron :cool: AM UNITRON

#2 Glassthrower

Glassthrower

Vendor - Galactic Stone & Ironworks

• Vendors

Posted 05 May 2007 - 11:35 AM

I saw that. Very interesting for a pencil-thin little scope. I didn't realize they made a 40mm achro.

What magnification can one reasonably use on the moon with a scope like this? 75x? 100x? 125x?

Regards and clear skies,

MikeG

#3 trainsktg

trainsktg

Aurora

Posted 05 May 2007 - 11:35 AM

Funny...the 2.4"ers were going for this price only a few short years ago. Good for current Unitron owners, bad for those of us who still want one. :bawling:

With a focal ratio of 17 and an aperture to focal ratio ratio of almost 11, I'll bet this thing has better longitudinal correction than small fluorite apos when viewing the Moon or Venus.

Keith

#4 clintwhitman

clintwhitman

Caveman

• topic starter

Posted 05 May 2007 - 01:08 PM

Well dont be to down hearted I just found a 114 alt az mint 60s for $350 good deal! But I wanted the 40mm monocrome $100 and another unihex $150 I am going to use this as my quik grab and go little dude and a setup guide scope for the 4" So look around! If any one wants a Unitron ask me i am starting to get a line on where some of these are. I just found a guy with between 60 and 80 Unitrons and he lives by me! And we thought we were bad!!! And another really nice guy in Texas with I would guess 10 to 20 caves he is restoring. One of them I think is a 16" casagrain and he said he has like 40 other scopes he has collected all in there boxes WOW I feel way better now. Well imagine in the seventies if you were looking like we look how many scopes were around that people lost interest in. The guy with all the Unitron said one weekend around 1975 he bought 3 unitron scopes at garage sales. If we were able to find them like that we would all be in deep trouble! PILES OF UNITRONS & CAVES TO ROLL IN

#5 clintwhitman

clintwhitman

Caveman

• topic starter

Posted 05 May 2007 - 02:12 PM

Lenny where are you When a cavemans looking :tonofbricks:

Attached Thumbnails

• 1587336-ClintCaveman.jpg

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics