•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

152s First star party

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#26 clintwhitman

clintwhitman

Caveman

• topic starter

Posted 17 May 2007 - 12:10 AM

I just spent all night cleaning a 1966 tasco 60mm I got for $25 then I put it all away in th OG box with the OG paperwork and i will get it out a gain in 20 years and see if its still as cheesy as it was in 1966 2007 2027 but I am sure it will be.

#27 refractory

refractory

Apollo

Posted 17 May 2007 - 12:19 AM

Uh-huh, Clint? Tell me, when you were making those spaghetti-westerns in Italy back in the '60's I bet you never thought of THEM as *cheesy*, eh? Movie stars- sheeeesh!

Jess Tauber

#28 clintwhitman

clintwhitman

Caveman

• topic starter

Posted 17 May 2007 - 12:24 AM

I just spent all night detailing a $25 60mm Tasco so it can retire for 20 years.

That makes 5 scopes from the 60s 2 sears 76mm, 2 tasco 60mm and one sans and strife that is the same as the sears. They all are are going in the put away for 20 years pile, The thing is there not bad scopes but why would I use them when I have a 10" F8 cave and the 4" unitron set up that i can use in 2 minutes. I wish I was a snob but both these scope were trash when I got them, $680 for the cave $900 for the unitron. So Cheap a caveman can do it!

#29 bendab

bendab

Viking 1

Posted 17 May 2007 - 06:29 AM

Clint,
I use may Sears scopes when the opertunity arises and offers good viewing of the planets,but they do have their limits ,Although they would be considered by today standards small scopes.But to lock them up in a box for 20 yr's and not use them, That's not right !!! .What usefulness does that serve.What I am really interested in here is and maybe need to start a new topic is Where are all the larger Sears telescopes and how do they compair to the unitrons. I need to move this topic to a new thread SEARS/TASCO VS UNITRON.
Bruce

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics