•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Jason first light again!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 bcuddihee

bcuddihee

Vanguard

• topic starter

Posted 14 May 2007 - 08:59 AM

I had this posted in refractors but I figure there are some folkes in this forum that might appreciate this. This past weekend I decided to do something that I've wanted to do for years. I rumaged through the basement to find a mildewed box where I found a disassembled Jason Empire model 631 60mm X 700mm refractor. It was my first love at the tender age of eleven and I haven't looked through it since I was 13. Abig brute of a homemade 6" edmund scientific newt took her place. Ive always wanted to get it back in working order and this weekend the fever hit! (I think it had something to do with my Antares 152 shipment being delayed another week. I just had to do something besides work in the yard. Anyway, after a trip to Lowes for new hardware, silver and black paint, thinner to get rid of the black goo,...yes they had it then too, and it was off to work. I had such a good time seeing it come back to life. Anyway, tonight will be my first light with my only surviving 5mm eyepiece. I swear I feel like a kid again.
I'll upload some pics.
:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

Attached Thumbnails

• 1603438-IMG_2808s.jpg

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics