•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

It Belonged to my DAD!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 clintwhitman

clintwhitman

Caveman

• topic starter

Posted 19 May 2007 - 09:14 AM

Sorry but shoot me in the foot The rarest of rare and the only one on earth my dads telescope aww heck I guess I will just get rid of it on E-bay DADS OLD UNITRON
:bawling:

#2 trainsktg

trainsktg

Aurora

Posted 19 May 2007 - 09:25 AM

I hate reading ads like this. Just like the old 4" Clark that was in the sellers' family since something like 1917. Well, their loss is someone else's gain.

Keith

#3 Glassthrower

Glassthrower

Vendor - Galactic Stone & Ironworks

• Vendors

Posted 19 May 2007 - 09:57 AM

Yup, one day, all of our stuff will meet the same fate I am afraid. I'm going to hide weird small objects in the voids and hidden places of the mount and scope. Then when the lucky buyer starts opening things up - SURPRISE! Joke snake (like the kind that pops out of a can) that springs out from the OTA when the focuser is removed. Black ink around the eye lenses for the black-eye look. Etc....etc...

Seriously though, I had considered leaving a will and donating all of my astro stuff to a local school when I kick the bucket. (I have no kids of my own and my stepson already has his own gear)

Regards and clear skies,

MikeG

#4 clintwhitman

clintwhitman

Caveman

• topic starter

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:06 AM

Better hurry you look kinda haggered

#5 Glassthrower

Glassthrower

Vendor - Galactic Stone & Ironworks

• Vendors

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:14 AM

:lol:

Maybe I will have them bury my stuff with me. And I will put a curse on my tomb : endless poor seeing for any who dare to disturb my grave and gear!

#6 clintwhitman

clintwhitman

Caveman

• topic starter

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:15 AM

Plus your Avitar needs a face lift!!!!

#7 BHunt

BHunt

Apollo

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:48 AM

Like I told you before people today dont care!
Bill

#8 Da Bear

Da Bear

Apollo

Posted 19 May 2007 - 08:49 PM

Anyone bidding on this?

Da Bear

#9 BHunt

BHunt

Apollo

Posted 19 May 2007 - 09:16 PM

Not I, go for it Bear nice accesories!
Bill

#10 Da Bear

Da Bear

Apollo

Posted 19 May 2007 - 11:33 PM

If i don't get the 3" Sears, I may give it one shot....

Did any one see the moon and Venus show tonite....Just awesome..It felt as though I transported back to ancient Eqypt watching the heavens from the Giza Plateau as the moon and Venus both rose together, high above the great Pyramid, signaling the start of the annual flooding of the NIle.

Da Bear

#11 BHunt

BHunt

Apollo

Posted 19 May 2007 - 11:41 PM

No moon here noreaster :bawling:
Bill

#12 2manyscopes

2manyscopes

Mariner 2

Posted 20 May 2007 - 11:55 AM

Sorry but shoot me in the foot The rarest of rare and the only one on earth my dads telescope aww heck I guess I will just get rid of it on E-bay DADS OLD UNITRON

Like I told you before people today dont care!

:shrug: I don't understand why everyone is always down on people selling "family" stuff like this? I mean look around at your own stuff......do you really want or even expect someone to keep everything you have just because it was yours? Perhaps these people inherited vast collections of coins, weapons or other items and decided to keep them instead of the lone telescope that "dad" set up once or twice.

Now if you have a guy trying to use a sob family story to push up the value of the scope then yes, I agree that is crazy but the seller of the Unitron mentioned in this thread does not appear to be doing that. :rant:
Bill :gramps:

#13 clintwhitman

clintwhitman

Caveman

• topic starter

Posted 20 May 2007 - 12:04 PM

If your were My dad Bill I would keep all your junk!!!!

#14 2manyscopes

2manyscopes

Mariner 2

Posted 20 May 2007 - 12:11 PM

If your were My dad Bill I would keep all your junk!!!!

LOL! Heck, I keep hoping for a fire to assist with cleaning up all the junk around here! Seriously though, the older I get the less stuff I want! My attitude is that if I'm not using it.....it's outta here! :step:
Bill

#15 clintwhitman

clintwhitman

Caveman

• topic starter

Posted 20 May 2007 - 12:32 PM

I would and still feel that we as children have the duty to give this stuff to family members if we don’t want it! My dad had an extensive gun collection and a bunch of other stuff. As did my grandfather. Upon there deaths the things they held dear hobby stuff and other thing that the were willed down to them and then to us was given to me and my sisters, They got the 1800s sewing machine and old butter churns from the family farms and I got the thirty guns and metals and such, Most of which I gave out to family member all over the US except the ones for my kids, some of these date back 4 generations. I even have a Civil war sword that was my great great grandfathers and his discharge papers from the civil war (red badge of courage) I have 6 or 7 guns of my forefathers and all this other stuff I don’t use it its not for that its all about family. I am only the steward of this stuff it is time to hand it off to my sons. I would sell every thing I own or have before I could sell this stuff. I would contend that any one who purchased a 1950s Unitron this would have been a prize possessions when he bought it and he must have loved it or he would have bought a TASCO!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOL!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay: :refractor: :refractor: :refractor: :goodjob: :yay: :yay:

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics