•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

EMCEA Telescope?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Roel

Roel

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 20 May 2007 - 02:13 PM

Anyone ever heard of this brand? The OTA looks cheap, but a wooden case and tripod may suggest something more interesting... (?)

Klick here!

#2 trainsktg

trainsktg

Aurora

Posted 20 May 2007 - 03:05 PM

That's a new one on me. I assume this is a European re-brand. The quality looks fairly good.

When I purchase off-brand scopes, I try and test it first and see how it performs. If you are considering collectability, investment, or historical value, you might consider sticking to more common, desirable telescopes...Unitron, early Tasco and Sears, Nippon Kogaku (Nikon), Goto Kogaku, Zeiss, Cooke, Cave, Criterion, and so on and so forth. Check out the Classic archives here. There is plenty of info, tips and tricks to collecting these valuable instruments.

Keith

#3 Da Bear

Da Bear

Apollo

Posted 20 May 2007 - 08:17 PM

Roel,

Alt -Az, but an really interesting finderscope. Up to 25 Euro's seems a good deal if the shipping isn't to high. A sweet package.

Da Bear

#4 BHunt

BHunt

Apollo

Posted 20 May 2007 - 09:15 PM

The ota looks similar to that Mayflower I sent Mr Magoo.
Bill

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics