•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

BOLO!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 twhite

twhite

Vanguard

• topic starter

Posted 20 May 2007 - 10:37 PM

Okay, so maybe I'll get mod-erated for this, but what the heck.

If any of you run across (or know where) an original cradle for a Cave 12.5" OTA with rotating rings, PLEASE PM me. For that matter, if you know where there is a top-condition Astrola GEM with the above-mentioned cradle that might be available for sale, PLEASE PM me. I am tired of trying to make mine work out right without the correct original cradle. Of course, the best thing for me to do is probably stick the OTA on my AP1200 and be done with it, instead of using the notoriously weak Astrola GEM, or keeping on trying to make this kludge I put together work... :foreheadslap:

Also -- If you know where a GEM for an 8" Dynascope Deluxe might be... I need one of those, too.

I thought it would be better to put this here rather than the Shop & Swap as we're all classic scope nuts here. Moderators, please don't hurt me. :D

Thanks.

#2 clintwhitman

clintwhitman

Caveman

Posted 21 May 2007 - 12:29 AM

Easy on the weak Cave stuff Dont start baging on astrola mounts now. And I might know were a mount is near austin texas if you want to drive a ways. I will check

#3 JWW

JWW

Apollo

Posted 21 May 2007 - 12:31 AM

Post deleted by JWW

#4 Don W

Don W

demi-god

• Administrators

Posted 21 May 2007 - 10:42 AM

I didn't see a thing. :whistle:

#5 twhite

twhite

Vanguard

• topic starter

Posted 21 May 2007 - 12:20 PM

Because I've already got the original Cave rotating rings which work fine, and I'm not inclined to kick out a few hundred dollars' more for this beast.

I've actually had a set of radius blocks made for this scope which I could use with my AP1200 or most any other mount that I wanted to use this scope on. I've got an AP 24" ribbed plate for my 1200 as well -- again, this would mount right up. I want the original cradle so I can use the scope visually on the original Astrola mount I have (which had the wrong cradle on it when I got it and has always been a problem -- and my 'solution' to the problem has just made it worse).

#6 clintwhitman

clintwhitman

Caveman

Posted 21 May 2007 - 12:34 PM

I know this sucks but I do have a 10" cradle

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics