•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Old Jason 313 E-bay

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 clintwhitman

clintwhitman

Caveman

• topic starter

Posted 21 May 2007 - 01:07 PM

Hi Gang I won an Old jason 313 The guy said is been in his dad closet 40 years? I dont think so but it looked very complete and I need good old scopes for the middle school program. Dont want to give these budding astronomers China junk!! So I won this one for $50 with shipping included. So my question I remember a thread about these and seeing one with the good old towa peep scope finder like a parks 60mm. The one I won has a standard Finder and strait black dew shield is this an older or newer model??? Clint :question:

Attached Thumbnails

• 1617233-Jason.jpg

#2 clintwhitman

clintwhitman

Caveman

• topic starter

Posted 21 May 2007 - 01:09 PM

Box lable

Attached Thumbnails

• 1617237-JasonBox.jpg

#3 clintwhitman

clintwhitman

Caveman

• topic starter

Posted 21 May 2007 - 01:11 PM

Looky a tray light

Attached Thumbnails

• 1617243-JasonBox2.jpg

#4 Glassthrower

Glassthrower

Vendor - Galactic Stone & Ironworks

• Vendors

Posted 21 May 2007 - 01:22 PM

I had a similar Jason Explorer to this one. I think your's is slightly earlier, but I could be wrong. Mine had the integrated finder built into the main tube with a flip-mirror to divert light from the objective to the finder ep. Otherwise it was identical to the one you have - mount, tripod, accessories, color of tube, dew shield, etc. Mine was a "Circle T" ... what is your's?

Regards and clear skies,

MikeG

#5 clintwhitman

clintwhitman

Caveman

• topic starter

Posted 21 May 2007 - 01:38 PM

I just won it last night and dont know yet but if its older the will be ok with me! I have a PR2 parks that is Towa and has the peep finder on it with the flip mirror it has good optics

#6 clintwhitman

clintwhitman

Caveman

• topic starter

Posted 21 May 2007 - 01:40 PM

Also this lable say Discoverer 313 60mm 910fl

#7 bendab

bendab

Viking 1

Posted 21 May 2007 - 01:46 PM

Nice little scope Clint Same as the Tasco #7TE (optics most likely from Carton Optical)
Bruce

#8 mikey cee

mikey cee

Cosmos

Posted 21 May 2007 - 11:45 PM

Clint...This scope is the same exact scope that I just bought at a local pawn shop last week. Mine is a Sears 46305. It is a Towa. Same exact mount as my 80mm Selsi but it has the older style lock knobs on the axis. Also it is much smaller of course. The only "plastic" are the slomo cables and the focus knobs. Same finder and bracket. It will likely have the same high profile retaining ring on the sky side of the objective and use a plastic spacer ring in the OG. The only difference of any consequence is that mine came in a wooden box that is screwed together instead of nailed as was usual. Mine has foam inserts and straw(wood)packing also. My color is the same silver with smooth satin black except for the finder bracket and mount which are crinkle finishes. ;) ;) ;)Mike

#9 clintwhitman

clintwhitman

Caveman

• topic starter

Posted 22 May 2007 - 01:12 AM

Cool so it will make a nice scope for the kids! Free scope program.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics