•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Byers Cam Trak

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 07 August 2004 - 11:48 AM

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I recently acquired a Byer Cam trak mount. It was primarily built for wide-field camera imaging. I got it off ebay for 200$. I was wondering if anyone know the actual cost of these mounts and when they were made. Thanks in advance.
clear skies
Vishnu

Attached Thumbnails

• 165527-Mount.jpg

#2 BarrySimon615

BarrySimon615

Pa Bear

Posted 11 August 2004 - 11:28 AM

I picked up two at the 1995 Riverside Telescope Maker's Convention from Dan Gordon at Spectra (now out of business). One became a star party door prize and the other I kept for a few years, selling because my Unitron #128 mount served the same purpose. I think advertisements first started appearing in the late 80's and continued for a few years.

Nice little mount for portable camera tracking (really anything less than about a 135 mm lens). Anyone living much lower than about 30 degrees north latitude will have a clearance problem with the set-up. (See the photo of the mount above and the drive motor in relation to the base; and he is in North Dakota! Just barely worked for me in New Orleans at 30 degrees north latitude).

Barry Simon

#3 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 12 August 2004 - 10:20 AM

Thanks a lot Barry. I was hoping to take it to Hawaii but I guess I will have to change plans and look for another mount.
clear skies
Vishnu

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics