•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Unitron #114 for parts

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 twhite

twhite

Vanguard

• topic starter

Posted 27 May 2007 - 07:36 PM

Wanted to check and see if anyone here would be interested in an old Unitron #114 for parts before I post it for sale elsewhere.

Here's the deal:

1) The lens cell is cracked -- just the cell itself, not the objective. The objective, however, could stand a cleaning. I can do this myself if buyer wants, or buyer can do it after receipt.

2) The OTA is somewhat beat up...

3) The dew shield is missing.

4) The focuser drawtube is missing.

5) The alt-az mount works okay but is missing the spreader. The clamp nuts for the clamshell are not original. The legs are shedding finish but a nice light sanding and oiling or refinishing should bring them back.

6) The original box is a disaster. Peeling badly. It is what it is.

I still need another dew shield for a 60mm tube -- I have another #114 that's missing its dew shield. If you have a spare one, PLEASE let me know.

PM me if you have any interest. I can send photos to a seriously interested party. I'll be *very* reasonable. If I don't get anyone here, I'll probably go to eBay with it.

#2 Preston Smith

Preston Smith

The Travel Scope Guy

Posted 27 May 2007 - 08:45 PM

Hi Tony,

I sent you a PM. :jump:

Preston

#3 Preston Smith

Preston Smith

The Travel Scope Guy

Posted 30 May 2007 - 12:25 PM

Well,

It looks like I have my first Unitron coming! (Thanx Tony) :grin:

This child will need some work but should pull through! :crutch: :hmmmm: :rollgrin: :ubetcha:

With some modifications....:borg:

#4 twhite

twhite

Vanguard

• topic starter

Posted 30 May 2007 - 12:57 PM

You're welcome! I hope you enjoy it!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics