•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Vintage Mt. Palomar Scope on Ebay

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Da Bear

Da Bear

Apollo

• topic starter

Posted 28 May 2007 - 06:55 AM

So kool......

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

Da Bear

#2 refractory

refractory

Apollo

Posted 28 May 2007 - 08:15 AM

These things often go for over $50, when in good shape. And they really 'work', too (though I'm guessing it'll be a mite hard to mount itsy-bitsy photographic plates on it AND keep it trained on guide-stars all night long....).

Jess Tauber

#3 Glassthrower

Glassthrower

Vendor - Galactic Stone & Ironworks

• Vendors

Posted 28 May 2007 - 08:25 AM

What a nifty little thing.

I'll keep an eye on that one. I conjectured to myself that it may actually work - it has a secondary holder and an out-of-scale focuser assembly that is not a part of the real Palomar scope.

Regards and clear skies,

MikeG

#4 Preston Smith

Preston Smith

The Travel Scope Guy

Posted 28 May 2007 - 08:27 AM

What a nifty little thing.

I'll keep an eye on that one. I conjectured to myself that it may actually work - it has a secondary holder and an out-of-scale focuser assembly that is not a part of the real Palomar scope.

Regards and clear skies,

MikeG

We want a first light report! :jump:

Preston Smith

#5 trainsktg

trainsktg

Aurora

Posted 28 May 2007 - 09:29 AM

I've been thinking of what to do with the Celestron Explorascope my son won at a Star Party last year and never uses. An ATMed scope like this would be an interesting project.

Keith

#6 mnpd

mnpd

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 30 May 2007 - 05:26 PM

Reminds me of the old days when large, land based telescopes were all the rage. As a kid I used to dream at what the Palomar instrument could do. The "Hale 200" was a regular thought and discussion topic, now it doesn't even receive much mention. Space imaging and light pollution put the big telescopes in the back seat.

It is a nice little toy. ;)

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics