•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Lunar Map Pro V3.0

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 asaint

asaint

Vanguard

• topic starter

Posted 09 August 2004 - 12:16 PM

Lunar Map Pro V3.0

#2 desertstars

desertstars

ISS

Posted 09 August 2004 - 12:38 PM

Well done, Peter! A review of this product is long overdue. I've been experimenting with the previous version and find it impressive enough that I will almost certainly be adding a copy of the more recent one to my "library" very soon. :cool:

#3 Tom L

Tom L

ISS

Posted 09 August 2004 - 03:46 PM

Peter, great report.

When you installed this, what type of system was it? I have a notebook that is a 1.2GHz/256MB, which is close to their minimium system requirments? What did you install it on and how did it perform?

Did you always have to use the CDROM at startup or did you use the alternate method. I hate copy protection schemes.

Thanks

#4 Peter Argenziano

Peter Argenziano

Watcher of the Skies

Posted 09 August 2004 - 09:12 PM

Peter, great report.

When you installed this, what type of system was it? I have a notebook that is a 1.2GHz/256MB, which is close to their minimium system requirments? What did you install it on and how did it perform?

Did you always have to use the CDROM at startup or did you use the alternate method. I hate copy protection schemes.

Thanks.

I have installed it on a generic PC (2.8 GHz Celeron, 512 MB RAM) and on an IBM laptop (P4 2 GHz, 512 MB RAM) and both operate satisfactorily. The program takes about 15 seconds to launch, but after that the performance is fine.

Registered users of the software can obtain one license string from RITI that allows the software to be launched without the CD loaded. Additional licenses are $10. I, too, dislike the minor inconvenience this copy protection presents, so I sprung the extra ten clams and have the CD safely stored on the shelf.

Peter

#5 Peter Argenziano

Peter Argenziano

Watcher of the Skies

Posted 09 August 2004 - 09:13 PM

Thanks Tom.

#6 Tim2723

Tim2723

The Moon Guy

Posted 09 August 2004 - 09:44 PM

Very nice indeed Peter! I'm still using the 1.5, but have considered the upgrade. I think I'll go ahead now. Well done.

#7 Peter Argenziano

Peter Argenziano

Watcher of the Skies

Posted 09 August 2004 - 10:20 PM

Very nice indeed Peter! I'm still using the 1.5, but have considered the upgrade. I think I'll go ahead now. Well done.

Thanks Tim. I started with version 2 and upgraded to 3. It is my favorite lunar resource.

Peter

#8 desertstars

desertstars

ISS

Posted 10 August 2004 - 05:38 PM

I'm beginning to see why, just by experimenting with ver.2. It's also addictive, messing around with it (probably a consequence of getting a good look at old Luna just once this past lunation!) I keep losing track of time putting it through it's paces. :grin:

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics