•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Unitron 60mm

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Adam S

Adam S

Vanguard

• topic starter

Posted 03 June 2007 - 05:14 PM

I have recently been given a 60/900mm Unitron.

The Good
-The OTA is in good shape
-The glass appears to be excellent

The Bad
-One of the focus knobs is missing, and the focuser itself feels 'loose, weak and sloppy'
-NO dewshield

I'm hoping someone can direct me in pursuit of a dewshield and advice on the focuser. I'm inclined to replace the focuser with something from Starlight or Moonlight.

All said and done I'd like to use this as my designated Ha scope and possibly guidescope with my STV.

Any input is appreciated, thanks-

#2 Bonco

Bonco

Skylab

Posted 03 June 2007 - 05:18 PM

Most if not all 60mm unitron's only had one focusing knob. Go onto to astromart and advertise youare looking for a dew shield. Otherwise it might not be too hard to find aluminum tube, paint it and make one yourself. You might be able to clean and tighten the focuser.
Bonco

#3 clintwhitman

clintwhitman

Caveman

Posted 03 June 2007 - 07:18 PM

Amen, Look up Harald Haverkorn on Astro mart he has parts!!! Post some photos here of the focuser so we can see what your talking about!!

#4 twhite

twhite

Vanguard

Posted 03 June 2007 - 07:25 PM

I've been trying to find a dew shield for a 60mm Unitron for a LONG time... If you find two, let me know. :)

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics