•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

hello and help

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 12 August 2004 - 04:33 PM

I just purchased oberwerk 22x100 bogen 3011nb/3130 tripod/head comb and astonomics t-mount light.I can not figure were the t-mount hooks up.I am new and my daughter just got me into astronomy.I am guessing I need to order some type of piece to hook the tmount light to the stand any help would be much appreciated.............thks

#2 btschumy

btschumy

Gemini

Posted 12 August 2004 - 04:53 PM

Kevin,

I believe you should unscrew the tripod head from the tripod itself. This will expose a 3/8" bolt coming vertically out of the top of the tripod. The UA mount should screw onto this bolt.

#3 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 12 August 2004 - 05:42 PM

the tmount i cant figure out theres only a big open hole

#4 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 12 August 2004 - 08:13 PM

There needs to be a vertical post of the right size to match the T-mount light like the one Bill mentioned on your tripod. I am not familiar with that particular tripod so I am not sure what it has, but below is a link to the Oberwerk website showing the mounted T-mount light. I hope it helps.

http://www.bigbinocu....com/tmount.htm

#5 sftonkin

sftonkin

Messenger

Posted 13 August 2004 - 12:39 AM

I have the T-mount. As NW said, you need to screw the mounting post directly onto the tripod. Larry (UA) does different mounting posts, internally drilled and tapped for different tripods. Photographic tripods usually have a 1/4" or 3/8" thread (I think all the Bogens have 3/8"); surveyors usually have a 5/8".

You might find the UA Yahoo group to be useful:
http://groups.yahoo....salastronomics/

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics