•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Some Russian binoculars

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#26 potts34

potts34

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 02 August 2009 - 02:11 AM

Just thought I would reveal these on hthis thread just in case anybody missed it?
Not mine or anyone I know, in fact I would be keeping it quiet and bidding on them if I didn't already have a pair of these.
I found them to be excellent and these look NOS, made by Zomz around the clate 60's to mid 70's I guess.
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...id=p3286.c0.m14

#27 Sammyboy

Sammyboy

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 02 August 2009 - 09:16 AM

****, was hoping you wouldn't post a link, I'm watching these myself already lol! :p

#28 potts34

potts34

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 02 August 2009 - 01:20 PM

Sammyboy for these I'd go with the buy it now option, I mean they even have the original box!

#29 Sammyboy

Sammyboy

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:28 AM

Just bought a pair of Tento 7x35s, excellent sharpness and view with only a slight yellowy tint. Were £20 inc. postage off Ebay, even come with their original case and amber/orange filters!

Posted a quick picture to my Mobypicture (Twitter pics) account if you want a peek :)

#30 KBK

KBK

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 20 August 2009 - 10:04 PM

Just thought I would reveal these on this thread just in case anybody missed it?
Not mine or anyone I know, in fact I would be keeping it quiet and bidding on them if I didn't already have a pair of these.
I found them to be excellent and these look NOS, made by Zomz around the clate 60's to mid 70's I guess.
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...id=p3286.c0.m14

I own (somewhere in the house, I can't find them!) the same pair labeled as Zenit (mint, in the box too), and ****..they are good! Very good! Colour and depth are excellent, contrast is excellent, CA is nearly non existent (none as far as I can remember, but that was years ago), pincushion is near zero, with just a hair (apparently this is the way it is supposed to be due to lens grinding issues (flat prism vs curvature required for magnification-which leads to being part of the CA issues- a mismatch can be the source-as it is in zoom binos, IIRC)-which is the way it should be...and collimation was perfect. Mechanics are solid, etc.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics