•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Unitron 60mm objective: Good News / Bad News

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#26 clintwhitman

clintwhitman

Caveman

Posted 23 June 2007 - 11:22 AM

Boy that looks better!! Funny post with the messed up objective looks like someone over tightened the screws and then chucked it across the room. I want to as a question about objectives. But i am going to start a new post for it. Very nice job now like once a year you can lightly clean off the film. Every time you use the scope or get out the lens blow it off with a bulb blower or I found a pump blower I use all the time its like a blower off a insect sprayer works great. I only use caned air when i am cleaning with cotton and I carfull not to shoot out any CO2

#27 Preston Smith

Preston Smith

The Travel Scope Guy

• topic starter

Posted 23 June 2007 - 11:26 AM

Every time you use the scope or get out the lens blow it off with a bulb blower or I found a pump blower I use all the time its like a blower off a insect sprayer works great. I only use caned air when i am cleaning with cotton and I carfull not to shoot out any CO2

Hi Clint - glad you stated that! I forgot to mention that I was using a bulb blower quite a bit - especially during reassembly. It is a mandatory tool as far as I am concerned. :smash:

#28 mikey cee

mikey cee

Cosmos

Posted 23 June 2007 - 12:27 PM

But I thought it said in the specs...."lens fully hardcoated"....guess I interpreted that wrong? :question: :question: :lol: :lol: Mike

#29 Jae

Jae

Apollo

Posted 23 June 2007 - 08:50 PM

Holy cow....you had me there, Preston. I was feeling REAL sorry for you for about 30 seconds......I did that to my Vixen 80 lens last year. A real shame.

Good job cleaning !

Jae

#30 Preston Smith

Preston Smith

The Travel Scope Guy

• topic starter

Posted 23 June 2007 - 09:58 PM

Hi Jae!

Thanks! Things went fairly smooth with the cleaning. Now I'm just waiting for my rings to come in from Orion so I can get the 10TE-5 OTA out for a spin!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics