•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

OH...MY...GOD...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

#1 twhite

twhite

Vanguard

• topic starter

Posted 21 June 2007 - 12:26 AM

If only I responded in time... If only I responded in time...

If only I get it... If only I get it... If only I get it...

I'll probably have to sell every other classic scope I have, but it will be worth it.

Nikon 4" f/12 ED on Astromart

#2 JWW

JWW

Apollo

Posted 21 June 2007 - 12:50 AM

... it's make an offer ...

-JWW:

#3 EJN

EJN

Skylab

Posted 21 June 2007 - 12:56 AM

About 10 years ago somebody had one at Astrofest.
Very impressive scope. One was on Astromart last
year.

#4 twhite

twhite

Vanguard

• topic starter

Posted 21 June 2007 - 01:07 AM

He responded to me. That price is OTA only.

This telescope does not including the Original Mount. but I has it. I have mount with original Motor drives dual, and some eyepieces and visiual parts.

I feel faint.

I do realize one came up on Astromart earlier this year. I was too late when I saw the ad and responded.

#5 Glassthrower

Glassthrower

Vendor - Galactic Stone & Ironworks

• Vendors

Posted 21 June 2007 - 07:29 AM

Tony,

Put down the credit card and slowly back away from it.

Take a deep breath.

;)

#6 Preston Smith

Preston Smith

The Travel Scope Guy

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:47 AM

If only I get it... If only I get it... If only I get it...

I'll probably have to sell every other classic scope I have, but it will be worth it.

We hope you get it...:praying: We hope you get it...:praying: We hope you get it...:praying:

Please provide a detailed list all of the scopes you will be selling....:woot:

#7 Awesomelenny

Awesomelenny

Skylab

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:38 AM

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

#8 Clive Gibbons

Clive Gibbons

Mostly Harmless

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:05 AM

Being a Nikon, it's sure to be a very sharp refractor.
Being "over 20 years old", I wonder what ED glass it uses?
Then again, at f/12, even FPL-51 (or equivalent) would do a very fine job.

Hope you snag this rare bird! :ubetcha:

#9 Glassthrower

Glassthrower

• Vendors

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:23 AM

If Tony gets it, does this mean we'll see a Clearance Sale in the S&S....?????

;)

#10 bendab

bendab

Viking 1

Posted 21 June 2007 - 12:05 PM

I would be interested in the 18" f/4.5 Pegasus/homebuilt dob when it goes up for sale !!!!!!
bruce

#11 twhite

twhite

Vanguard

• topic starter

Posted 21 June 2007 - 12:56 PM

Here's his latest message:

Thank you for see My Classified. I know your intersting my Nikon eqipment. but Please wait untill next week. because I have my job very busy now. after taken Nikon 4"ED or eyepices and other picture, I'll put the images on my classified.

So he's going to make me wait. That's okay. Gives me time to prepare. :)

Deep breaths.

Seriously, though, IF I do get the opportunity to purchase this scope, I will HAVE to clear out some of the collection... this is a one-scope collection. :D

And, to keep the peace at home, I really do need to sell some of my collection off... so, Preston, are you paying attention? You'll be in Texas (Fort Hood?) so I could deliver to you in person. :roflmao:

I've got five Tasco scopes here now -- a 7TE, two 7TE-5s, a 15TE (yes, with the motor drive) and a 10K (the 80mm Towa-made scope). All five of those would probably have to go.

I've got a Unitron 131-C that would definitely be available for sale. It's a VERY VERY clean scope. One small nick on the OTA is it.

My Unitron 4" and 150 mount would probably be available for sale. The mount got slightly damaged in shipping (paint only) and I'm working on getting it refinished now.

My other Unitron 60mm and its alt-az mount would definitely be available -- along with the Unihex, fully populated (including the 40mm Mono).

The Pentax 4" f/12 is STILL available for sale. I REALLY need to sell it... guess it will go to eBay, or something.

I *MIGHT* sell my Unitron 142 mount with the motor drive (came with my Brandon 94). Then again, I might not.

And my TMB 105/650 would go.

Sorry, Bruce -- I will NOT be selling my Dob. That mirror is something VERY special. John did an extra-extra-extra fine job on it. I do have a 12.5" f/5 Telescopics mirror set that also something VERY special that might have to go...

Geez. I can't believe I'm saying this. Yes, Clive, those scopes are supposed to be THAT good. They are legendary in their performance.

I know I shouldn't get my hopes up, but... wow. :praying:

#12 Preston Smith

Preston Smith

The Travel Scope Guy

Posted 21 June 2007 - 02:28 PM

Here's his latest message:
... so, Preston, are you paying attention? You'll be in Texas (Fort Hood?) so I could deliver to you in person.

I will be at Sheppard Air Force Base but driving down to you will NOT be a problem! :jump:

I claim first dibs on the Tasco 15 and the 60mm Unitron.. :jump:

Plus you won't have to go through all the time and effort of packing and shipping them to these other guys or be concerned that it might get damaged in transit! :lol:

#13 twhite

twhite

Vanguard

• topic starter

Posted 21 June 2007 - 05:37 PM

Heck no -- that's just down I-44 a ways from me. :) In fact, I've been meaning to get over to Copper Breaks State Park. I've heard they do a nice astronomy weekend each month and some guys from the D/FW area come up with some BIG dobs for public viewing. I think CBSP is northwest of Wichita Falls.

Heck, we oughta just get together for the fun of it if you're that close. We could meet in Lawton or something. :) I've done some observing from the Wichita Mts area near Ft. Sill.

Keeping fingers crossed...

#14 Preston Smith

Preston Smith

The Travel Scope Guy

Posted 21 June 2007 - 05:52 PM

Heck, we oughta just get together for the fun of it if you're that close. We could meet in Lawton or something. :) I've done some observing from the Wichita Mts area near Ft. Sill.

Now THAT sounds like a great plan! :waytogo:

I'll PM you with my contact info. I should be arriving down there around 8 July!

#15 BHunt

BHunt

Apollo

Posted 21 June 2007 - 05:56 PM

Pm me a pricelist for scopes available. I am going to look at a 6 in Unitron my buddys father in law has for sale. Well he said he thought it was 6 in probably a 4. Will see. if things dont work out I may be interesyed in what you have.
Bill

#16 twhite

twhite

Vanguard

• topic starter

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:20 PM

Bill,

Sure. It might scare you, though...

No updates yet. I think I'm going to have to wait a week. I'm thinking about offering him a deposit to secure the deal, but I don't want to offend him (or tick him off, either, for that matter).

T

#17 Bonco

Bonco

Skylab

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:34 PM

Tony,
You have several scopes that I'd like to buy but I'm out of the picture for a new scope as I just bought another one. But please post your BIN prices on Cloudy Nights first before you go to Ebay. There may be some enthusiasts on this forum that would love to relieve you of some of your treasures.
Bonco

#18 twhite

twhite

Vanguard

• topic starter

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:13 PM

I'd much rather deal with you guys here.

I've been very surprised no one has jumped on that Pentax 4" f/12 setup... a very sweet scope.

I'm just going to have to be patient here, somehow. I am getting *way* ahead of myself... I'm almost willing to fly to Japan myself and pack and ship it personally if that's what it would take.

For the time being, though, I'm just going to have to be patient...

#19 Bonco

Bonco

Skylab

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:21 PM

Tony,
That Pentax is sweet. You and I exchanged some emails concerning it. Your price was reasonable. Just wasn't good timing for me. Me thinks all of your quality scopes will sell at a good price. Bonco

#20 Glassthrower

Glassthrower

• Vendors

Posted 22 June 2007 - 06:47 AM

I've been very surprised no one has jumped on that Pentax 4" f/12 setup... a very sweet scope.

Don't, Don't, Don't tempt me...!! Sure, I would have to sell off everything under the roof to afford it, but it is within the stretched limits of feasibility.

Tony, I think you are now encircled by a ring of encamped watchers. Waiting with great anticipation to see if you score your dream Nikon scope - and waiting for their chance to go on a shopping spree through your sigline..! :poke:

If it wouldn't mean exile and/or divorce, I just make an offer on that TMB 105 and run off to Key West with it!

;)

#21 galakuma

galakuma

Mariner 2

Posted 23 June 2007 - 08:00 AM

Nikon 4inch is also attracted very much in japan.
Popularity of Pentax does not have as for Nikon.

In japan, Yahoo Auction, below.
http://page10.auctio...ction/m41482018

#22 trainsktg

trainsktg

Aurora

Posted 23 June 2007 - 08:17 AM

Beautiful. But...our friends in Japan are safe this time, the seller will not ship internationally. :bawling:

Keith

#23 galakuma

galakuma

Mariner 2

Posted 23 June 2007 - 09:20 AM

I may bid it in place of you.
But you'll estimate around $5000 with shipping.

#24 trainsktg

trainsktg

Aurora

Posted 23 June 2007 - 09:48 AM

No, but thanks for the offer. I like being married :lol: .

Keith

#25 twhite

twhite

Vanguard

• topic starter

Posted 23 June 2007 - 10:22 AM

Galakuma,

I sent you a private message about this. Thank you.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics