•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Tasco 15TE-5 76.2mm Refractor on AM

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Glassthrower

Glassthrower

Vendor - Galactic Stone & Ironworks

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 22 June 2007 - 06:41 AM

http://www.astromart...ified_id=506383

Tony W., read this ad. You don't think the seller is referring to "your" Nikon scope????? I hope not!

How many vintage Nikon refractors are being traded at this moment????

Better get on the hotline! ;)

#2 trainsktg

trainsktg

Aurora

Posted 22 June 2007 - 08:08 AM

It may or may not be the same Nikon you are thinking of... but I have heard a rumor from a reliable source that we will be seeing whatever this new Nikon is here on CN soon. :)

BTW $375 is a good price if anyone is on the fence about the 15 TE.

Keith

#3 Glassthrower

Glassthrower

Vendor - Galactic Stone & Ironworks

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 22 June 2007 - 08:32 AM

Well, whoever ends up getting the legendary Nikon ED refractor must do the following :

1) take an entire memory chip full of photos, from every conceivable angle showing the scope, mount, and accessories.

2) post these photos to a server outside of CN (which will have no file size limitations) in uncompressed .JPG format at 1024x768 pixels.

3) Shoot several memory chips full of photos THROUGH the refractor, of various favorite deepsky targets, and then post these photos in the same manner as mentioned in #2.

4) Make these photos on the server available to everyone in this group. Then, we can all turn the lights down while we view them on the PC screen and pretend we are outside looking through the scope itself! Thus, allowing us to vicariously observe, by proxy, through the Nikon!

:silly:

#4 Preston Smith

Preston Smith

The Travel Scope Guy

Posted 22 June 2007 - 09:28 AM

Well, whoever ends up getting the legendary Nikon ED refractor must do the following :

1) take an entire memory chip full of photos, from every conceivable angle showing the scope, mount, and accessories.

2) post these photos to a server outside of CN (which will have no file size limitations) in uncompressed .JPG format at 1024x768 pixels.

3) Shoot several memory chips full of photos THROUGH the refractor, of various favorite deepsky targets, and then post these photos in the same manner as mentioned in #2.

4) Make these photos on the server available to everyone in this group. Then, we can all turn the lights down while we view them on the PC screen and pretend we are outside looking through the scope itself! Thus, allowing us to vicariously observe, by proxy, through the Nikon!

:silly:

:funny:

Yes! And pictures of taking it out of the case, removing the dust covers, looking through the finder scope, changing out eyepieces and barlows, using the focuser, putting the dust covers back on and placing it back into the case so we can have a REAL virtual observing session. :grin:

#5 Steve_M_M

Steve_M_M

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 22 June 2007 - 10:04 AM

Yes, I got an email from Tony....."PLEASE tell me it is not the 4" f12"

And it is not. The Nikon I should have next week is a different Nikon, just an 80mm.

Steve

#6 Preston Smith

Preston Smith

The Travel Scope Guy

Posted 22 June 2007 - 10:34 AM

just an 80mm.

Boy, I wish I could find JUST an 80mm Nikon! :whistle: :whistle: :praying: :drool5: :drool5: :rofl2:

#7 twhite

twhite

Vanguard

Posted 22 June 2007 - 10:37 AM

/panic attack

:crazy: :lol:

Sorry about that, Steve...

I remember seeing an 80mm for sale somewhere recently. I had an opportunity to see one last year when I was in Chicago. It was an impressive little scope -- and it was complete with original GEM, etc. Very nice.

Of course, if I get that 4", then I'll want the 80mm, then I'll want the old Nippon Kogaku 63mm... and we'll be right back where we started. :tonofbricks:

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics