•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Twins

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#1 clintwhitman

clintwhitman

Caveman

• topic starter

Posted 22 June 2007 - 09:01 AM

Well I finaly recieved the 80mm sears Towa and am so far happy with it condition very clean old scope with all the stock stuff low use! I also scored a cresent 80mm towa and the two scopes are twins! I have another sear 80 from a garage sale but it need refurbished. So I went from wanting one to having three in a very short time. These will end up being used for the kids astronomy club. I can use them to teach setup and the use of a standard EQ setup. By the way the lenses are both spotless GOT LUCKY!!

Attached Thumbnails

• 1676701-Towas80.jpg

#2 Preston Smith

Preston Smith

The Travel Scope Guy

Posted 22 June 2007 - 09:30 AM

Sweet! Does the cat go with the scopes?

#3 refractory

refractory

Apollo

Posted 22 June 2007 - 11:00 AM

You really oughtta consider making a mount to put these together as a binocular. Would be *fun* (hard work, frustration, that sort of thing).

Jess Tauber

#4 93alien

93alien

Messenger

Posted 22 June 2007 - 12:35 PM

sweet pair. they go great together. :grin:

mac

#5 ngc2289

ngc2289

Soyuz

Posted 22 June 2007 - 12:54 PM

You mean cats. I see two cats in the picture. :)

#6 Preston Smith

Preston Smith

The Travel Scope Guy

Posted 22 June 2007 - 01:03 PM

Yeah but he's outside the fence looking in. Looks like Clint doesn't want TOO many cats! :lol:

#7 clintwhitman

clintwhitman

Caveman

• topic starter

Posted 22 June 2007 - 01:34 PM

Didnt Cavemen eat cats. Debbie feeds them there ferrel They are not allowaned in the cave I shoot them with one of those rappid fire paint ball guns with clear balls I dont think they like it but it sure is alot of fun when one wonders into the garage / cave

#8 Preston Smith

Preston Smith

The Travel Scope Guy

Posted 22 June 2007 - 01:51 PM

:funny: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#9 trainsktg

trainsktg

Aurora

Posted 22 June 2007 - 02:19 PM

I had a neighborhood cat sneak in and spray my 12" Hardin :mad: .

Clint...you are doing good works with your astronomy for kids program. You might never know what influence you are having, but I can assure you, you are having a very positive one.

Here's a pic of my twins I posted a while back...

Keith

Attached Thumbnails

• 1677181-1112703-Twins.jpg

#10 Preston Smith

Preston Smith

The Travel Scope Guy

Posted 22 June 2007 - 02:46 PM

Here's a pic of my twins I posted a while back...

Keith

Thanks for reposting! I hadn't seen them. Very nice pair! :jump:

#11 Jim Rosenstock

Jim Rosenstock

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 22 June 2007 - 03:24 PM

Errr...look again. You missed one. (At least)

:grin:

Jim

#12 Jim Rosenstock

Jim Rosenstock

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 22 June 2007 - 03:27 PM

I had a neighborhood cat sneak in and spray my 12" Hardin :mad:

Guess he was a "refractor guy"....

:lol:

#13 ngc2289

ngc2289

Soyuz

Posted 22 June 2007 - 04:04 PM

You are correct I now see three. :foreheadslap: And after a few more beers I shall see six to nine! :lol:

#14 ngc2289

ngc2289

Soyuz

Posted 22 June 2007 - 04:06 PM

What are you talking about! He was a Cat. lover! :lol:

#15 BHunt

BHunt

Apollo

Posted 22 June 2007 - 10:18 PM

Can I adopt both sets of twins? You guys are OK!
Thanks
Bill :lol: :yay:

#16 mikey cee

mikey cee

Cosmos

Posted 22 June 2007 - 11:21 PM

Keith....I think Clint has identical twins. Yours look more like fraternal twins. We have feral cats at our place and they come and go in and out of the observatory whenever they choose. I used to go after them with a broom but then I was told to tolerate them or move out. So now we learn to live together in peace and harmony under the stars! Aahh isn't that a happy ending? :question: :smirk: :lol: Mike

#17 trainsktg

trainsktg

Aurora

Posted 23 June 2007 - 12:06 AM

Fraternal twins it is!

Cats don't come on my property anymore since I threw a barbeque spatula at the meanest one (bullseye at 20 yards!) and learned to mark my property's perimeter like my neighbors' dogs do.

I ain't no dummy.

Keith

#18 clintwhitman

clintwhitman

Caveman

• topic starter

Posted 23 June 2007 - 01:17 AM

Keith I think your twins mother was messin around on the wrong side of town. somthin about the twin in the front is botherin me! I think it his legs can he shoot hoops really well?

#19 clintwhitman

clintwhitman

Caveman

• topic starter

Posted 23 June 2007 - 01:26 AM

Thanks Keith I only wish you guys were closer for the help you could be A will be looking for a guy or two around here Like Lew he dont know yet. Some of you guys are helping all the way from oklahoma!! Thanks :jump:

#20 Glassthrower

Glassthrower

Vendor - Galactic Stone & Ironworks

• Vendors

Posted 23 June 2007 - 10:29 AM

Southern Louisiana as a whole (being swamp) is INFESTED with rats - lots of them, of every possible species. Seriously. It's quite bad and people from other parts of the country are shocked when they see how many. They come to Bayou country expecting to see alligators, and instead they see hundreds of rats running along power lines, gutters, across the street, and generally all over the place once the sun goes down. And I am not talking about just the dirty or rundown parts of town - the section of Houma that has $1+ million dollar homes (the oil folks) is equally infested. It's a reality of living in a giant swamp...

So (I do have a point eventually) .... we leave the cats alone here. We have about a half-dozen stray cats we allow to use our property as a home. They patrol the yard at night and hunt rats. As a result, our yard and house has ZERO rats. The old battleaxe next door who HATES cats and shoots them with a BB gun....guess what? Her yard is infested, her house is infested, and her vegetable garden gets decimated by rats. I get the most beautiful nibble-free vegetables and she throws away 2/3 of her crop. I have tried talking to her but she actually said to me, and I quote, "...I would rather have rats than cats!...." (say that in a hatefilled voice that knows no joy) .... well, she has her wish.

I told her if she ever shoots one of "my" cats with a BB gun, I will consider it the same as shooting me or my wife with a BB gun and my reponse will be as swift and sure.

She leaves ours alone now.

Regards and clear skies,

MikeG

#21 ngc2289

ngc2289

Soyuz

Posted 23 June 2007 - 10:55 AM

Cats could not handle the rats I had in Vallejo, California. They were as big and some bigger then cats. But my dog who weighed about 14 pounds was just big enough to take care of them. The people next door liked to put bread out for the birds but it was the rats that were eating it. The rats would come thru my yard to get to the bread but the dog put a end to that! What PO'ed me was that the people next door blamed me for the rats! Jerks!!

#22 clintwhitman

clintwhitman

Caveman

• topic starter

Posted 23 June 2007 - 11:09 AM

I should send you my paintball gun and you can open up on the lady next door. My wife likes these cats. Some nights when she comes home 30 cat are waiting for her to feed them it is wild maybe five of them live here the other come from all over the area. The only other living things around here are some possums and raccoons and a bunch of red tree squirrels they gang up on the cats and attack them its the funniest thing I have ever seen like organized mammal warfare. :foreheadslap:

#23 BHunt

BHunt

Apollo

Posted 23 June 2007 - 02:13 PM

Mike its not the 4 legged rats you have to worry about its the 2 legged ones.
Bill
:hamsterdance:

#24 trainsktg

trainsktg

Aurora

Posted 23 June 2007 - 03:34 PM

If we had a rat problem here, I'd leave the cats alone, but we don't. The ones running around here though aren't even feral, they are neighbors' cats who let them potty outside because they are too lazy to own and change a cat box. And...I love cats, we have three (all indoors). But I've put too much time and money growing a lush garden of exotic plants to have cats use my barkdust as their litterbox. I've put my hand in the stuff way too many times by accident. And since I'm one of the only residents here who doesn't have dogs, its party time at the Gordons'.

Next time its a throwing tomahawk and a midnight burial. :mad:

Keith (only half kidding)

#25 Glassthrower

Glassthrower

Vendor - Galactic Stone & Ironworks

• Vendors

Posted 24 June 2007 - 09:02 AM

Keith, it sounds like your neighbors are the feral ones!

Yeah, funny thing is, the cat-hating psycho next door to me doesn't like the cats relieving themselves in her plants. But yet she walks her little foo-foo dog on a leash and let's it discharge it's cargo on other people's lawns! (never her own!)

Perhaps a call to the local animal control office is in order? It works around here. (one of the few public agencies that works here, go figure.)

Failing that, I cannot endorse a tomahawk, but as an avid gardner I fully understand the rage that comes with destroyed plants that were carefully tended. :(

FWIW, animal control is more responsive about dogs. They pose a more obvious threat and are easier to capture.

Regards and clear varmint-free skies,

MikeG

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics