•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

0.965" combined camera adapter

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 twhite

twhite

Vanguard

• topic starter

Posted 22 June 2007 - 12:36 PM

I got an extra 0.965" Orion combined camera adapter -- with or without eyepiece projection is what the 'combined' means, in case you didn't know -- and thought I'd offer it to my fellow classic junkies first.

Didn't know if some of you might want to try your hand at doing a little imaging with one of your classic refractors.

If you're interested, PM me. Thanks.

Tony

#2 trainsktg

trainsktg

Aurora

Posted 22 June 2007 - 02:13 PM

How does it work?

Keith (Photographic imbecile)

#3 twhite

twhite

Vanguard

• topic starter

Posted 22 June 2007 - 02:41 PM

It's a tube approximately 1.5" in diameter and 2.5" long with a 0.965" barrel on one end and T-threads on the other. Inside there is a second adapter that you can optionally install a 0.965" eyepiece in (there's a second setscrew that holds it in place) and you can vary the position of the EP via a slit in the side of the tube with ANOTHER setscrew. So, without an eyepiece -- normal imaging; with an eyepiece - eyepiece projection. One adapter does both.

I can post a couple of photos later if you want...

T

#4 paul

paul

Messenger

Posted 22 June 2007 - 04:44 PM

Hello,
Yes please post some pics
Thanks
paul

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics