•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Meade 60mm f/15 on eBay

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 twhite

twhite

Vanguard

• topic starter

Posted 22 June 2007 - 07:05 PM

If you're in the D/FW area this might be worth a look. $100 starting price might put some people off, though...

Meade 60mm f/15 refractor

#2 Glassthrower

Glassthrower

Vendor - Galactic Stone & Ironworks

• Vendors

Posted 22 June 2007 - 09:36 PM

Actually, $100 is not too bad if everything is in good shape.

That's a nice heavy EQ-1 that is more like an EQ-2, with RA motor. And that's quite a few eyepieces and bits laid out there. The driven mount and tripod is worth $100.

That's a 6x30 right angle finder scope that takes standard .965" diagonals and eyepieces. Pretty nice even though it's stopped down to 25mm.

It might be worth $125 for all of the parts to someone who likes to tinker.

Regards and clear skies,

MikeG

#3 Jae

Jae

Apollo

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:38 PM

All right Tony......did you go for it ? I was very tempted but resisted hard.. It would go well with my Meade 4" f15.....and if I traded my Orion/Towa 339 for a white Meade 300, I'd get the whole lineup :lol: The illness that consumes me (us),,,, :tonofbricks:

Jae

#4 Bonco

Bonco

Skylab

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:12 PM

A quality 60mm f/15 should be as pure as the driven snow. My f/11 is truely color free. I'm hoping to find a bargain on a 60mm f/15 OTA. Let me know if anyone comes across one.
Bonco

#5 twhite

twhite

Vanguard

• topic starter

Posted 25 June 2007 - 10:38 PM

All right Tony......did you go for it ? I was very tempted but resisted hard.. It would go well with my Meade 4" f15.....and if I traded my Orion/Towa 339 for a white Meade 300, I'd get the whole lineup :lol: The illness that consumes me (us),,,, :tonofbricks:

Yeah, I won it. There are too many eyepieces down there not to have tried. Of course, they may all be junk, but you never know... and at f/15 that thing ought to just rock on planets.

I wish I could just drive down there and pick it up -- and if I wasn't already traveling this week I could. I'm somewhere in the Middle Of Nowhere, Kansas (look it up -- it's also called Garden City). Of course I had to fly out here on a little-bitty wind-up-toy airplane and couldn't bring my Traveler... and freakin' Hertz here was out of cars so I can't get out of town. I'm stuck in the crummy little motel and it's the FIRST CLEAR SKY I'VE SEEN IN THREE FREAKIN' WEEKS!!!! AAAAAAARGH! :bangbangbang: :bangbangbang: :bangbangbang: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

#6 ngc2289

ngc2289

Soyuz

Posted 25 June 2007 - 11:47 PM

Yeah, I won it. There are too many eyepieces down there not to have tried. Of course, they may all be junk, but you never know... and at f/15 that thing ought to just rock on planets.

I wish I could just drive down there and pick it up -- and if I wasn't already traveling this week I could. I'm somewhere in the Middle Of Nowhere, Kansas (look it up -- it's also called Garden City). Of course I had to fly out here on a little-bitty wind-up-toy airplane and couldn't bring my Traveler... and freakin' Hertz here was out of cars so I can't get out of town. I'm stuck in the crummy little motel and it's the FIRST CLEAR SKY I'VE SEEN IN THREE FREAKIN' WEEKS!!!! AAAAAAARGH! :bangbangbang: :bangbangbang: :bangbangbang: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Abandon hope all yee who enter here!!!!!!! :mrevil: :mrevil: :mrevil:

#7 twhite

twhite

Vanguard

• topic starter

Posted 26 June 2007 - 10:58 AM

If it's not Purgatory, it's close. The forecast here is for clouds/rain the rest of the week...

#8 93alien

93alien

Messenger

Posted 26 June 2007 - 02:58 PM

yup clear sky clock is completely white.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics