•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Scored 2 for the home team

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 clintwhitman

clintwhitman

Caveman

• topic starter

Posted 23 June 2007 - 10:33 PM

Well Debbie like Binos I got some old celestron 11x80 a while back from Murphys garage sale. $40 and they are really awsome Last week we finaly found a charlie funk mount used $175 and today I found a set of oberwerks 20X80 Giants $100 So now I like binoculars to!! $315 for the whole mess but wow they work well

:yay: :yay: :thewave: :yay:

Attached Thumbnails

• 1679686-Funk1.jpg

#2 Glassthrower

Glassthrower

Vendor - Galactic Stone & Ironworks

• Vendors

Posted 23 June 2007 - 11:37 PM

:bow:

Great deals on some nice binos. The old Celestrons are made in Japan. I had a Meade 20x80 made by the same source as the Celestron, it even came with a Celestron catalog. The only difference between the 11x80 and 20x80 is the eyepieces. I found it to be pretty sharp with a larger "sweet spot" than the giant binos coming out of China today.

I cut my astronomical teeth on giant binos (15x70,20x80,22x85,25x100), and I still have a fondness for them. There is nothing like twin 4" RFT's on your eyeballs to cruise the summer Milky Way.

Regards and clear skies,

MikeG

PS - I have your magazines ready to ship out but PayPal won't let me print a shipping label until your elec-check clears....that stinks, cause I would mail it first thing monday if it let me, regardless of "clearance".

#3 twhite

twhite

Vanguard

Posted 24 June 2007 - 12:47 AM

Those early Giants were allegedly made by Vixen. I have an 11x80 myself. Great binoculars.

T

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics