•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Unitron parts

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bonco

Bonco

Skylab

• topic starter

Posted 27 June 2007 - 11:13 PM

Just to pass on some info some might find useful...My Unitron 3 inch equitorial 142 mount came from Holland and the latitude adjustment turnbuckle was short as it was designed for 50 plus latitude. It was unusable for my Florida lat of about 30 degrees. So I rigged some wire/chain to make it work. (Not Pretty). Called Unitron and here's what I learned. Before Unitron stopped production of these scopes they contracted with a machine shop to make these latitude adjusters. Because this wasn't a large order they were pricey. $179 to a buyer, $129 dealer price. Unitron has some in stock and I have one on the way at dealer price. I'm shocked at the price but this mount needs the adjuster to be correct and I just bit the bullet.
Also I'm using the mount for my 4 inch f/15 Antares and I need the security offered by the original hardware. If anyone needs an adjuster for high latitudes I'll sell at a fair price. Bonco

#2 clintwhitman

clintwhitman

Caveman

Posted 28 June 2007 - 01:27 AM

$128.50

#3 Bonco

Bonco

Skylab

• topic starter

Posted 28 June 2007 - 08:14 PM

Clint if that was an offer, SOLD !!!
hehehe...Bonco

#4 Awesomelenny

Awesomelenny

Skylab

Posted 01 July 2007 - 05:19 PM

Wow what a fast deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 Bonco

Bonco

Skylab

• topic starter

Posted 01 July 2007 - 05:38 PM

Hey Lenny,
Also got a nice 1 1/4 inch screw in adapter for $30 from Unitron. I sure wish they'd publish their parts inventory.
Got a Stellarvue 1/ 1/4 diagonal on the way to be used with the 3 inch Unitron.
Bonco

#6 Awesomelenny

Awesomelenny

Skylab

Posted 02 July 2007 - 12:50 PM

Hi Bonco,
I bought one off of Barry Simon some time ago. Works really nice. I also have a Unihex that is for the 1.25 inch scopes and uses all 1.25 inch eyepieces. I use that one on my Jaegers 6 inch f/4 scope. Very nice!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics