•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

10mm, 18mm and 30mm Celestron/Vixen Kellners

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 twhite

twhite

Vanguard

• topic starter

Posted 30 June 2007 - 03:20 PM

Along with this 60mm f/15 Towa-made Meade which arrived today, I got a bunch of odds and ends... including the three subject eyepieces. I already have them in my daughter's eyepiece case and we really don't need duplicates.

These are pretty good quality glass -- Vixen, of course -- and I thought someone here could use 'em. The glass is in good shape on all three but there are minor cosmetic issues.

Also got a couple of prism diagonals if anyone needs one.

PM me if you are interested.

Thanks.

Tony

#2 Glassthrower

Glassthrower

Vendor - Galactic Stone & Ironworks

• Vendors

Posted 30 June 2007 - 05:48 PM

I used to own the 30mm Celestron/Vixen "Circle V" Kellner. It's a nice eyepiece. Quite sharp.

Sounds like a good score. It's always nice to unearth unexpected goodies in the accessories. :)

#3 twhite

twhite

Vanguard

• topic starter

Posted 30 June 2007 - 06:32 PM

I have the 10, 18, 25 and 30 in that series. All are sharp eyepieces. They get the most work in the classic scopes -- only when I really want to spend some 'quality' time do I break out the Pentax Orthos and K-25.

I've never looked through a Japanese Vixen-made eyepiece that I thought was bad...

The little EQ mount has a clamshell, too...! :D

#4 Glassthrower

Glassthrower

• Vendors

Posted 30 June 2007 - 06:54 PM

I agree about the old Vixen-made eyepieces. I have not seen a bad one yet. I've seen a few that were not stellar, but they were still leagues better than cheaper Chinese-made eyepieces of similar parameters seen today.

Hang on to that clamshell! You never know when you will need one! ;)

Regards and clear skies,

MikeG

#5 twhite

twhite

Vanguard

• topic starter

Posted 30 June 2007 - 07:17 PM

I'm hanging on to the whole mount. I'll let my daughter use it. It has an RA drive...! AC, but so what? Fits the Towa tube, so her 60/700 fits as well.

/pouring rain here

#6 Glassthrower

Glassthrower

• Vendors

Posted 30 June 2007 - 07:31 PM

Nothing but cloud deck here as well.

Of course, last night some opportune sucker holes opened up later in the evening, so I am vigilant for a break tonight.

I have the little white tube 60/700 Tasco at the ready - the one you sold me the hybrid diagonal for. I bought two other hybrids, both mirrors. With the intention of keeping the best. At the mags I am using (120 or less), the prism model you sent me is very good. The clincher is that it fits more snugly into the focuser that the others do. Since this is friction fit with no setscrew, I do not feel confident using the looser mirror models with my more valuable eps.

Regards and clear skies,

MikeG

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics