•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Edmunds scientific 8" f/5, red tube, fork mount

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 abrodkin

abrodkin

Lift Off

• topic starter

Posted 03 July 2007 - 09:17 AM

Hi. Model 4001? I bought this at a garage sale the last time I was visiting home, and left it there without looking at it much. I just returned home and started to pull it together and have a few questions. I got the fork mounted on the tripod and tightened down. It moves ok in azimuth, but the altitude is real lose, too loose to mount the tube. Haven't tried the motor yet. The mirror looks OK. The 2ndary adjustment looks strange and as I don't have any collimating gear, I haven't tried to adjust it yet. Does anyone have a manual, or links to some good info somewhere on the net, or good pictures of what everything is supposed to look like? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'll post pictures later this evening. Thanks for your time. Adam

#2 jayscheuerle

jayscheuerle

Aurora

Posted 03 July 2007 - 12:47 PM

I have manuals for you! PM me your real email address and I'll attach them.

I completely stripped one of these down to restore it, so I know it pretty well. They're beautiful scopes! - j

#3 abrodkin

abrodkin

Lift Off

• topic starter

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:42 PM

Hi Jay. Just sent the PM. Thanks, Adam

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics