•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Help please with pricing a Tasco 10TE

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 esp659

esp659

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:20 PM

I have recently come into a Tasco 10TE telescope with it's orginal wooden case and instruction pamphlet and I have come up empty handed in all my online research about this item's value. Is there anyone out there that might be able to tell me if this item is a collectors item? I would say that this item could be classified as in "Good" condition.

Thanks all!

-Erik

#2 93alien

93alien

Messenger

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:56 PM

if you can post pictures that would be nice . go to the classic scope forum and post pictures all of us will let you know more about it.oh and by the way welcome to cloudynights!
clear skies,
mac

#3 csa/montana

csa/montana

Den Mama & Gold Star Award Winner

• Moderators

Posted 03 July 2007 - 02:24 PM

Erik: Welcome to Cloudy Nights! Good to have you with us.

That's the best suggestion; post pictures in the Classic Scope forum; those great people will help you!

Carol

#4 msholden

msholden

Apollo

Posted 03 July 2007 - 02:48 PM

Somebody sold one on Astromart in April 2006 for $240.

#5 ngc6475

ngc6475

Fearless Spectator

Posted 03 July 2007 - 10:28 PM

Hi Erik,

Welcome to CN! I think I paid about $200.00 or so for my 10TE a couple of years ago; it was in good condition, but I think I've seen examples of this scope in very good to excellent condition go for considerably more than that on eBay.

#6 twhite

twhite

Vanguard

Posted 03 July 2007 - 10:37 PM

Erik,

I hate to be difficult, but 'good' condition is subjective.

If it's excellent to near mint, it's not unheard of for these scopes to fetch $350-400.

If it's very good to excellent (scratches in the tube, dings in the tube, other cosmetic problems), I'd guess $200-250.

If there are other issues... less.

Can you post photos?

#7 JWW

JWW

Apollo

Posted 03 July 2007 - 11:47 PM

Keep in mind, that just because you see the asking price on Astromart, then a SOLD in the header, doesn't mean that's what something sold for. I just bought a Unitron Duetron significantly less than was advertised. Of course the add said it was negotiable but even so I've bought many things much lower than the price posted on Astromart.

Then on another note, I paid a premium for a Tasco 10TE that was in absolute pristine condition, including the cloth ties, the manual, styrofoam and wooden box, yada ... yada. Higher than anyone listed here. :lol:

-JWW:

#8 trainsktg

trainsktg

Aurora

Posted 04 July 2007 - 10:43 AM

I paid $360 for my 1965 Solarama...no finish problems other than the obligatory scratches on the legs, but no manual or 'Other Worlds' book either. I refinished the felt strips on the box's wooden dividers and one latch loop is missing. But the scope itself is near mint. I got an extra finder and finder bracket out of the deal, too which was nice.

Keith

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics