•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Silly question about Unitron (?)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 AaronM

AaronM

Viking 1

• topic starter

Posted 03 July 2007 - 02:26 PM

Dear friends,

I found this website http://www.unitronusa.com/uniframe.htm
whats that ??? Unitron Japan is dead a long time, but here is Unitron again ?? Did Unitron Japan sold his label at ending of production ? The scopes looks identical to the vintage Unitrons !!
http://www.unitronusa.com/t_tele.asp

Sorry for my bad my english !!

Kind regards, Michael :o

#2 twhite

twhite

Vanguard

Posted 03 July 2007 - 02:45 PM

Michael,

Unitron the company is still around. Unitron was the US name under which those telescopes were sold -- Polarex was the European name.

They just don't have any scopes to sell any more... :(

Your English is still better than my German, bitte.

Tony

#3 trainsktg

trainsktg

Aurora

Posted 03 July 2007 - 03:41 PM

I dunno, Tony...did you look at the website? They say they have a wide range of telescopes to offer...sounds very present tense :question: . No prices, though. The website looks current.

Keith

#4 Bonco

Bonco

Skylab

Posted 03 July 2007 - 05:06 PM

They have a limited stock of parts. I just received a 1 and 1/4 inch adapter and a latitude adjuster from them.
Bonco

#5 clintwhitman

clintwhitman

Caveman

Posted 03 July 2007 - 07:58 PM

They don’t have dit. If you lucky the day you call Peter may have just found a box of stuff in the warehouse he can sell you! They may get a large order or Uniclamps and Uniweights made custom so he has some stuff to sell at least that’s what he said today. He aslso said that unitron parts where all painted with enamel paint and he had never seen a powder coated mount/parts or a word about powder coating in the repair/spec. books he has read.

#6 twhite

twhite

Vanguard

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:54 PM

They do not have anything in current stock. I know they 'found' a Model 142 recently that sold for mucho $$$. Of course, that's about the only way to get a 'new' Model 142.

So it sounds like I need to find a competent paint shop.

T

#7 clintwhitman

clintwhitman

Caveman

Posted 04 July 2007 - 09:00 AM

I call Peter once in a while. Once he found a bran new electic clock drive and I was lucky and got it and a Unibalance for a 2.4 from him. But I think there out of stuff completly now!!! :jawdrop:

#8 trainsktg

trainsktg

Aurora

Posted 04 July 2007 - 11:00 AM

I guess they better get off the pot and update their website. Why get us all worked up over nothing? Bait and switch if you ask me...we'll we're out of telescopes, but we have a really nice depth measuring microscope you might be interested in.

Keith

#9 Glassthrower

Glassthrower

Vendor - Galactic Stone & Ironworks

• Vendors

Posted 04 July 2007 - 12:41 PM

The Unitron of today bears little or no resemblence to the Unitron of days past.

#10 Wilsonman

Wilsonman

Gemini

Posted 04 July 2007 - 11:28 PM

I'd say, you can leave the words "little or" out of your sentence. (sadly)

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics