•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Ok, you guys have inspired me...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#26 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 05 September 2003 - 08:06 AM

Ron,

I can't believe you can't see the subtle colors there. I think it's one of the best moon pictures I've ever seen.

Time to invest in a new monitor Ron. :roflmao:

#27 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 05 September 2003 - 08:10 AM

Alright guys, so my eyes are untrained. However, I'll say it again. Chromatic aberration or not that is the best color picture of the moon I've ever seen. And save your "stoned" jokes 'cause' I don't do that kind of stuff...yet. :lol:

Congratulations again, Charles.

#28 rboe

rboe

ISS

Posted 05 September 2003 - 09:19 AM

I checked out the gallery shot and think I see a very slight- ever so slight blue line on the moon from about 1:00 to 3:00 or so. Don't think I would have noticed it unless you guys had brought it up.

After seeing the pictures of Charles setup I'm inclined to guess with that long optical train hanging off his scope his camera is no longer on a perfect plane. Chip plane no longer orthogonal to the axis of the scope. He could test that by purposely tilting the camera to see if he can make the colour worse. Something to do while resting his thumb!

I'm with Neme on this one. Worthy of anybody's refrigerator - maybe even on top of the piano.

Hey, we could always take a years worth of postings (the photo's and I don't mean your cute face we see on the left) here and publish them in a coffee table format book. Cloudynights 2003 in colour - an International effort. We could sub title it "Why it's easier to date girls than take good pictures of Mars" or "Don't try this at home!"

#29 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 05 September 2003 - 01:42 PM

We could sub title it "Why it's easier to date girls than take good pictures of Mars"

What do you mean, easier to date girls? I only do this for the girls. When you're as ugly as I am, astronomy is the only plausible reason to get a girl out into the dark country night. :crazy:

#30 rboe

rboe

ISS

Posted 05 September 2003 - 02:53 PM

What ever happened to running out of gas? For their sake, I hope you go to truely dark sites. :lol:

#31 Charles

Charles

Skylab

• -----

Posted 05 September 2003 - 05:02 PM

No, I noticed the blue fringe also and knew that is what you were talking about. As to the reason I do not have a clue at this point in time. I just hope it is not the scope but my add on optical train or the titled camera. The weather is not going to be good tonight so I guess I'll be doing Brain surgery on Bertha. The parts came in to hopefully fix her.

If the weather is better tomorrow I'll do a bunch of different test to see what actually is causing that slight blue edge and I'll blame it all on Ron.

Charles :roflmao:

#32 Tom T

Tom T

A Father, A Teacher, A Pioneer

• In Memoriam
  • topic starter

Posted 05 September 2003 - 06:42 PM

Charles, I will be very surprised if it turns out to be the scope. I would expect your color correction to be better than (or at least equal to) mine.

I know I see false color in some of my own dob based shots that could be due to the atmosphere, but in my case I *strongly* suspect it's more due to the eyepiece I'm using.

Tom T.

#33 Charles

Charles

Skylab

• -----

Posted 05 September 2003 - 06:58 PM

I'm hoping your correct Tom, but that is why I want someone to look through it that has many more years experience than I do. Some nights I'm like a hog looking at a wrist watch :doah: trying to figure this technology out.

Thanks
Charles :)

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics