•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Collins I3 and MallinCam - a match made in heaven

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#26 Bob S.

Bob S.

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:13 PM

Doug C., Curse you. May your skies be cloudy for years! Oh wait a minute, I live only 25 minutes from you, rescind that last pox. I pulled the trigger on a 13mm Ethos. I can't believe I spent that much money on one eyepiece. However, having looked through one at CAV and then using yours in my former 20", I just had to have one and I couldn't find one used on that other site or this site for that matter. Can't wait to get it! Bob Schilling

#27 Doug Culbertson

Doug Culbertson

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:20 PM

Doug C., Curse you. May your skies be cloudy for years! Oh wait a minute, I live only 25 minutes from you, rescind that last pox. I pulled the trigger on a 13mm Ethos. I can't believe I spent that much money on one eyepiece. However, having looked through one at CAV and then using yours in my former 20", I just had to have one and I couldn't find one used on that other site or this site for that matter. Can't wait to get it! Bob Schilling

Bob,

It's the least I could do to return the favor of having me look through the MCHC and the I3, thus tempting me to pull out the plastic again! :lol:

Seriously though, enjoy the Ethos! :waytogo:

#28 Bob S.

Bob S.

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:45 PM

Wow Doug and Company, Got together tonight with the Tallahassee Astronomical Society at their new dark site. Had an opportunity to show a bunch of people who had never seen an I3, MallinCam or 13mm Ethos the grandness of some fun equipment with my 14.5" f/4.3 GOTO Starmaster. These three pieces really struted their stuff tonight. It is always really fun to introduce the uninitiated to this new technology. I did not hear one negative comment about it not being "real" astronomy<g>. BTW Doug, that Ethos was absolutely EXQUISITE on the Perseus Double Cluster. In fact it took my breath away at the contrast and almost pinpoint stars to the edge with my Paracorr. It is without a doubt, the finest view of the Double Cluster that I have ever had and the seeing was no better than average. Bob Schilling

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics