•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

De-rotator and Mallincam

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 cold space

cold space

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 12 January 2008 - 05:46 AM

Does anyone use a Meade field de-rotator and a Hyper-plus camera on a fork mount LX200 scope for the longer settings of the camera? and do you think its worth getting as I don't want the hassel of wedge on my scope,if they work O.K. I know some people getting good results with normal CCD camera but don't know anyone using them with a video camera.Thanks for your imput.

Matt.

#2 Chris Schroeder

Chris Schroeder

Cosmos

Posted 12 January 2008 - 10:07 AM

From what I've read, in the Mallincam we are talking max exposure of 56sec, with CCD imaging, we're talking about minutes to hours of exposure times. Seems to me, what may or may not work with CCD, may work well with the shorter exposure times of the mallincam.

#3 Jack Huerkamp

Jack Huerkamp

Vendor - Waning Moon

• -----
  • Vendors

Posted 12 January 2008 - 10:17 AM

Many MallinCam users are able to go the 56 seconds with Alt-Az scopes. I did so last night with my CPC1100 HyperStar.

Jack

#4 Chris Schroeder

Chris Schroeder

Cosmos

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:12 AM

Geeze Jack I sure envy your clear sky clock, mine's been like this pretty much since Thanksgiving.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2114988-getcsk.jpg

#5 cold space

cold space

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 13 January 2008 - 05:41 AM

Thanks guys,
I won't invest in a field de-rotator for the moment.

Matt

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics