•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Dec07 Winner - CN Imaging - Sketching Contest!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Charlie Hein

Charlie Hein

Voyager 1

• Administrators
  • topic starter

Posted 16 January 2008 - 06:57 AM

I am pleased to announce the winner of the December 2007 Cloudy Nights Imaging and Sketching Contest - DeepSpaceViews!

Posted Image

Hello,
This image of the Witch Head Nebula was taken from the 2007 Black Forest Star Party in PA.
Telescope- Takahashi FSQ-106ED
Mount- Takahashi EM-500 Temma II
Camera- SBIG STL-11000M
Filters- Astrodon L,R,G,B
All channels were taken at 8 x 10min exposures bin 1x1.
Processed in CCDStack & Adobe Photoshop CS2

A larger version can be seen here http://deepspaceview... Head Image.htm

Thank you,
Stephen T. Roffo Jr

[/quote]

To all of you who took the time to stop by and vote for your favorite submission - thank you so much! Your participation really makes the contest!

To all the contestants - every one of your submissions is worthy of winning. Congratulations to all of you on a job done very well indeed!

Stephen, congratulations on your win! Please contact me via PM with your t-shirt size and also the address where you want us to send it!

Charlie

#2 DeepSpaceViews

DeepSpaceViews

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 17 January 2008 - 11:32 AM

I would like to thank everyone that took the time to vote in the December poll. All of the images are Winners in my eyes. Jeff J, RALF_T, Strgazr27, Anto & John K, Thank you for posting your excellent images.

Stephen T. Roffo Jr
www.DeepSpaceViews.com

#3 markseibold

markseibold

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 19 January 2008 - 06:38 PM

Hello to all- Allow me to introduce myself. I am Mark Seibold. I am new to this forum. I was inspired about a year ago to really start serious pastel sketches of the sun through my h-alpha solar telescope after I saw a sketch by Erika Rix and another by Wes Cowley, both appeared in Spaceweather.com. I submitted mine and the NASA physicist Tony Philips posted it for three days from Oct 13th ~ 15th. I began other works and this inspired an art contest for the Mercury transit of the sun on Nov 8th. I had only been doing a camera on a tripod for time exposure images of the night sky with landscapes below *see at >

You can view all these works - Of all places, I have most of them in a Myspace.com > www.myspace.com/marksolarprophet

I wish I knew of the contest here. Perhaps I'll enter the next one. - Mark Seibold

#4 markseibold

markseibold

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 19 January 2008 - 06:39 PM

Hello to all- Allow me to introduce myself. I am Mark Seibold. I am new to this forum. I was inspired about a year ago to really start serious pastel sketches of the sun through my h-alpha solar telescope after I saw a sketch by Erika Rix and another by Wes Cowley, both appeared in Spaceweather.com. I submitted mine and the NASA physicist Tony Philips posted it for three days from Oct 13th ~ 15th. I began other works and this inspired an art contest for the Mercury transit of the sun on Nov 8th. I had only been doing a camera on a tripod for time exposure images of the night sky with landscapes below - I was interested to see some comments here that others posted to chose a sketch over a photograph- I tend to agree now and you may see why. *see at >

You can view all these works - Of all places, I have most of them in a Myspace.com > www.myspace.com/marksolarprophet

I wish I knew of the contest here. Perhaps I'll enter the next one. - Mark Seibold

#5 Jeff J.

Jeff J.

Apollo

Posted 21 January 2008 - 08:44 PM

Congratulations, Stephen! A well-deserved win, indeed!

And, thank you to those who voted for mine as well as the positive comments. Much appreciated!

Jeff

#6 lineman_16735

lineman_16735

Tak-o-holic

• -----

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:06 PM

Congrats Stephen! Awesome image!

#7 DeepSpaceViews

DeepSpaceViews

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 24 January 2008 - 04:23 PM

Thank you Jeff & Chris

Steve

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics