•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Comments on Sky Channels

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
365 replies to this topic

#351 smokin oakum

smokin oakum

Surveyor 1

Posted 17 May 2008 - 04:08 PM

OK, change of plans. I'm now going live on Ustream. I'm going to co-host with myself, and run two laptops to make things run faster. This is going to be cool!

You can find me at http://www.ustream.t...nel/smokinoakum

I hope to see you there!
Neil

#352 smokin oakum

smokin oakum

Surveyor 1

Posted 26 May 2008 - 06:14 PM

I'll be live tonight on sparkcast and I'm setting up in a minute, and I'll be live after that so stop on by and set a spell, take your shoes off, yall come back now, hear

Neil

#353 smokin oakum

smokin oakum

Surveyor 1

Posted 27 May 2008 - 05:40 PM

I've just created a sky channels yahoo group @ http://groups.yahoo....oup/skychannels This will be a good way to get the word out on when people are going live, and another source for sharing tips and tricks about broadcasting. Hope to see you on the boards.

By the way, I'll be live again tonight at 9:00est on sparkcast.

Neil

#354 smokin oakum

smokin oakum

Surveyor 1

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:50 PM

Hi all! I'm going to be broadcasting live tonight on Sparkcast at 9:30est. This will be the only night during this new moon weekend that the weather will be giving me nice skies, so I'll be going late. I'll be using my 12" newt on the CGE and using my MallinCam Hyper Plus Color for the video feed. I'm also going to be using the World Wide Telescope to control everything but the camera with ASCOM. I hope you all can stop by and share the sky with me.

If you haven't already downloaded the Sparkcast player, you can find it at http://www.teevee.com/

Last night was a good session that I will try and repeat tonight. The first part of the night was spent mostly in Vergo, going for all those galaxies. Later, when the summer objects rose we spent a bunch of time observing nebulas! It was cool, and I had a someone viewing with me that was taking advantage of the Sparkcast capture function, and he was grabbing frames to stack later! It's nice that Sparkcast gives the viewers the same functionality that it gives the broadcaster. It to me, is still the best option for these sessions.

Till tonight...

Neil

#355 HendyPhoto

HendyPhoto

Sith Lord

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:33 PM

Hey Guys! Does anyone know a good method of calibrating a monitor? I got a new LCD and I am having trouble getting it calibrated. I dont want to go out and buy a calibration puck or any other software. Thanks in advance!

#356 Jack Huerkamp

Jack Huerkamp

Vendor - Waning Moon

• -----
  • Vendors

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:22 PM

Have you tried using the color bar generator built into the MallinCam? With it connected to the monitor and powered on, depress the top and bottom menu buttons simultaneously. The color bars will appear. Adjust the monitor using the brightness, contrast, color and tint controls on it. Depress the top and bottom menu buttons to turn odd the color bars.

Jack

#357 HendyPhoto

HendyPhoto

Sith Lord

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:22 PM

Thanks Jack, I have thought of that, but I also need to calibrate light, dark, gamma and contrast. The color bars put me in the ballpark though! I found out how to use the adobe gamma wizard in control panel and that works pretty good. I am getting close! Thanks again.

#358 smokin oakum

smokin oakum

Surveyor 1

Posted 24 July 2008 - 07:32 PM

I'll be live tonight on Sparkcast at 9:30est. HERE is the download for the player, and the name of the show under the channel guide is as always, Smokin Oakum.

See you there!

Neil

#359 HendyPhoto

HendyPhoto

Sith Lord

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:09 PM

Hey Neil, I will see you guys tonight, hopefully I will have alot of different sparkcast windows open at the same time! LOL

Just for everyones information, you wont be seeing me in the USTREAM lounge anymore or maintaining it. The chat window has failed to load for a full week now, and it just hasnt ever worked well for broadcasts anyway. It doesnt load at all on Lar's deepsky website, and hasnt now for months!

SPARKCAST IS THE WAY TO GO NOW!!!

SO, if anyone is interested in picking up the lounge from me, I will gladly pass it on! You can PM or email me for info on how I can transfer it to you, BUT if it isnt working well for me, I am guessing it isnt working well for anybody. Let me know your thoughts on a new lounge, we dont even really need it to have video capabilities, just a chat room and a place to post bulletins. Does Yahoo have a way to make a chatroom? PEACE OUT!

#360 kent

kent

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:28 PM

Hey Guys! It's been a while since I've been around.(busy with the lobster and crab, season all too short)
So what's new? I see your having trouble USTREAM. So I'll have to try SparkCast will I?
Hope to see what the seeing is like on SparkCast.
Talk to you later.

#361 smokin oakum

smokin oakum

Surveyor 1

Posted 08 August 2008 - 10:47 AM

I'll be going live tonight on Sparkcast at 9:30est. Hope to see you there!

Neil

#362 HendyPhoto

HendyPhoto

Sith Lord

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:07 AM

Cool Neil, I will see you tonight! I have thunderheads today and tonight, so it will be nice to sit back and watch you work! lol How was your camping trip last weekend?

#363 smokin oakum

smokin oakum

Surveyor 1

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:45 AM

Cool Neil, I will see you tonight! I have thunderheads today and tonight, so it will be nice to sit back and watch you work! lol How was your camping trip last weekend?

WINDY! :bawling:

#364 smokin oakum

smokin oakum

Surveyor 1

Posted 06 November 2008 - 12:24 PM

Going live tonight to dabble around with my collimation (bobs knobs came today), and the hyperstar. I'll be on Sparkcast around 7:30est, and will be up till at least Orion rises, and I cruze around there.

Neil

#365 greg

greg

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:23 AM

I'm live now at http://www.live.yahoo.com/gwilhite

#366 smokin oakum

smokin oakum

Surveyor 1

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:36 PM

The Sky Channel sticky has been updated with current info including the lounge update.

Neil

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics