•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

GoTo speed

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 17 September 2003 - 03:08 AM

My intention is to buy TAL200K on GoTo upgraded EQ6 or NexStar 9.25 or 11 and can't found information about NexStarGoTo speed. How fast is GoTo when they must go to object on other side of the sky.

#2 Jeff_Richards

Jeff_Richards

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 17 September 2003 - 06:15 AM

Approximately 3 degrees per second per axis.

Jeff

#3 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 17 September 2003 - 06:28 AM

Likely both axis at the same time or one after another?

#4 rboe

rboe

ISS

Posted 17 September 2003 - 09:16 AM

After the firmware upgrade my 11 will adjust for coarse hieght first, rotate to the target, and if it's half way across the sky I've seen it make a midcourse correction. Once it's in the neighborhood it'll slow down and make adjustments in both axis. It's not shy about using both motors at the same time but seems to have a prefrence to just one motor at a time at high speed. Keeping current draw down would be my guess for that.

I wouldn't mind a faster rate myself - but the trade off seems to be more noise; so I'll keep the slower rate. It's not that bad.

Interesting question; I'll have to pay more attention next time in case my perception is off. Just recently I've noticed the, first one axis then the next in GOTO's.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics