•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Find the CN Logo Font Contest!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 mloffland

mloffland

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter

Posted 11 April 2008 - 10:15 AM

Okay.. so here is the deal.

When Astronomics first took ownership of CN I had to find the font used in the CN logo. It took a while, but I did manage to find it. However, my hard-drive took a bad turn last week and I have since lost the font. Even worse, I can't remember the name of the font and have been unable to locate it again.

A $50 gift certificate from Astronomics and a "mystery gift" from our grab-bag will go to the first person who can find the CN logo font (for purchase or free download).

The CN logo design is actually altered somewhat from the original font, but the base font is the same. In particular, the star was added in the "i"... the moon was added in the "C".. and the "s" was altered manually.

Posted Image

Private Message me with all "entries". Thanks and good luck!

#2 mloffland

mloffland

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter

Posted 11 April 2008 - 11:29 AM

Congrats to saveyaris!!! He found the font! Thanks everybody for you collective effort.

Mike

#3 Steph

Steph

Texas Wildflower

Posted 11 April 2008 - 11:33 AM

So what's it called? :) (that way if you lose it again and don't have it backed up, at least you'll have the name posted somewhere... :poke:)

#4 Greg K.

Greg K.

CN tech guy

• Administrators

Posted 11 April 2008 - 12:09 PM

that was quick..

#5 mloffland

mloffland

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter

Posted 11 April 2008 - 03:02 PM

The font is called HighNoon.

#6 Steph

Steph

Texas Wildflower

Posted 11 April 2008 - 03:37 PM

*scratches head* Is it just me or is that font just the opposite of the CN font? It's white on top and black on the bottom but the CN font is black on top and white on the bottom. Or can you flip that coloring easy enough to make it work? The look is the same, just the coloring is off...

#7 mloffland

mloffland

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter

Posted 12 April 2008 - 12:24 AM

Yes.. you can alter the color.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics