•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Nagler-like performance...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
58 replies to this topic

#51 DblVision

DblVision

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 09 May 2008 - 09:16 PM

...It's in his signature line. :grin:

#52 BillC

BillC

on a new path

Posted 10 May 2008 - 01:42 PM

Thank you!

Bob: Neal is correct!

That does NOT mean MY assessment of any binocular is correct. Having been inside more binos than most bino execs have ever seen in a warehouse, I feel pretty confident about making judgments . . . that would make ME happy. HOWEVER, from MY perspective, some people on the list take performance way into language that THEY do not understand and I honestly don't care about.

If we took all the technical stuff off this list it would be VERY dry. And while I am responsible for a lot of it, I really don't use it in my life that much. I can pick good binoculars from bad in a matter of seconds without any weird, next to meaningless testing.

Prostar=I've yet to see a better 7x50.
FMT=I've yet to find a better 7x50 for a boat--though I have chosen to drop Fujinon after decades.
Orion Resolux=FMT knock off. A good bino no matter whose name is on it . . . and there are many.

Cheers,

Bill

#53 BobinKy

BobinKy

Gemini

Posted 10 May 2008 - 02:21 PM

Bill--

Well said.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Thanks for coming back into the thread and sharing your knowledge and experience.

#54 BillC

BillC

on a new path

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:32 PM

You're welcome.

But, remember, those who know the most often care the least. I was with Dick Buchroeder in Tucson one day, when he stopped on the way to Azteca to buy a TASCO with ruby coatings. His example would seem one NOT to be followed.

However, one must realize that this was to INVESTIGATE off axis performance; it was sold immediately. Things are NOT always as the seems. Was Dick endorsing the model? Of course not. He was just mature enough not to worry about his reputation. . . . . I order mine mail order . . . in plain brown wrappers!

'Been a coward since birth.

Bill

#55 Wes James

Wes James

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:43 PM

But then, I repeat myself... ;)

#56 ronharper

ronharper

Vanguard

Posted 11 May 2008 - 11:25 PM

Bill,
You have said so many good things about Fujinon over the years. Why have you quit selling them? ( don't worry about hurting the Fuji-lovers' feelings, HAR!)
Ron

#57 BillC

BillC

on a new path

Posted 12 May 2008 - 09:18 AM

Mr. Fujinon USA is not honoring his commitments to take care of certain warranty repairs on gear that Fuji didn't actually manufacture--which is a lot. I told him I didn't CONTRACT with the OEM, but Fujinon. Four letters sent through his rep have gone unanswered. Thus, I answered it with the check book.

I have the HIGHEST respect for the models that Fuji actually manufacture--or have been sponsoring so long--but I don't need the headaches thrust on me by their man in America. Part of my love for the truth gives me the opportunity to blow off anyone who will not play with integrity, regardless of how big they perceive themselves to be.

With a change in personnel--and that won't happen--I would be pleased to support Fujinon, again.

Like Nagler, I support the product, but I won't buy it for the store.

Cheers,

Bill

#58 Jim Rosenstock

Jim Rosenstock

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 12 May 2008 - 09:42 AM

Like Nagler, I support the product, but I won't buy it for the store.

Cheers,

Bill

Bill,

I don't completely understand that statement...it could be taken in different ways. Can you elucidate?

Thanks,

Jim

#59 BillC

BillC

on a new path

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:23 PM

Two years ago, Al came in and, finding one of each of his telescopes on display and one of each of his eyepieces and accessories on display, including two of the 31mm monster eyepieces, demanded that if we wanted to be Tele Vue dealers we would need to buy more. Well, at that moment, Washington had the second worse economy in the west. He even had our name dropped from his website of dealers. 'Seems to me that since he wanted us to sell more, he would have been eager to leave us on the site; especialy since it cost him money to have us take off.

Well, who pioneered bringing Tele Vue into the northwest?

Al said if I wanted to be a Tele Vue dealer again, I could buy more. I responded that I had already done that and what had it gotten me?

I explained that I was not responsible for Astro-Phisics, Thomas Back, Vixen, William Optics and all the others that were hitting his company hard, but that I couldn't make up for his loss, either. Sooooooo, I considered we just had a difference of opinion and dropped the line. I still think the product is top notch. It was our best line. I NEVER sent Tele Vue scopes or eyepieces back for cause.

Cheers,

Bill

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics