•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Borg 45ED Opinions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 24 September 2003 - 07:54 PM

Has anyone used a Borg 45ED and what is your opinion of the Borg mini? Optics, quality? As a finder scope and a small 50mm solar scope. Thanks Bob

#2 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 September 2003 - 10:49 AM

I've looked thru a Borg 50ED with a SolarMax 40. Surprisingly nice views for such a short focal length. The whole setup was the size of a fist.

Jeff

#3 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 September 2003 - 11:45 PM

Of course, you mean the Mini 50 was the "size of a fist," as the 50ED is f/10 and almost 18" long. The 45ED and Mini 50 are the same tube with different cell.

#4 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 September 2003 - 11:52 PM

Howdy, Miller. The optical/mechanical quality of the 45ED is excellent and will provide good resolution though the image scale will be rather limited at any kind of useful magnification. I keep mine at work for short looks before sunrise or lunch-hour spotting. Perfect scope for the Borg fork mount.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics