•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

re: internal stops

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 26 September 2003 - 05:58 PM

does the positioning of the control panel northwards place the internal stops equi. spaced so that the scope does not overide these stops ?

#2 Grizz

Grizz

Vanguard

• -----

Posted 26 September 2003 - 06:42 PM

The control panel should be facing south. If your standing in front of the panel(looking at it)you will be looking north and the panel would be facing south. After you have the scope pointing in ther correct position you should rotate it( manually) in one direction till it hits a hard stop then rotate back in the other direction counting the rotations till you hit the other hard stop. Turn back again half the # of turns and you will be in the middle of the scopes travel. It will or should be pointing aprox north at this point. Now you are centered between the hardstops in the home position.

#3 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 27 September 2003 - 05:58 PM

thanx for that grizz the control panel facing south ties in with what charles has said :tonofbricks:when you say turn manually do you mean using hands or by controller :bawling: The person who told me to have the control panel northside has a plain old lx200 model :grin: so could be different for that model I,m going to need a lorra help . I have just bought a 14" gps :cool: thanks for your input Colin

#4 Grizz

Grizz

Vanguard

• -----

Posted 29 September 2003 - 04:40 PM

Turn manually (with your hands) to find the midway point between the hardstops. :)

Good luck with the new scope.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics