•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Sky Objectives Refractors

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 cirrus

cirrus

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 29 September 2003 - 03:41 PM

Does anybody here have any experience with Sky Objectives, also known as RR Telescopes? They are in the Netherlands and they have a whole line of achromatic telescopes that look very good. I have only read a couple of things about them and so far they seem to be a quality operation. Their web site is www.so-nl.nl

cirrus

#2 Gary BEAL

Gary BEAL

Surveyor 1

Posted 29 September 2003 - 07:49 PM

Hi Cirrus,
I have. I built up a 104/1200, and also a 131/700. Both performed exceptionally, although I di experience a few teething problems with the 131, but ironed them out without too much drama.
The lenses are superb, and Hans is up there with the nicest people in this small industry.
If you want send me an e mail off group at g.beal@clear.net.nz
Regards,
Gary BEAL,
New Zealand

#3 Jacques

Jacques

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 30 September 2003 - 05:11 AM

Hi,

Although I can't judge the optical performance of his lenses, I know that Hans is a great person to deal with. He's very concerned about the needs of his clients and is known for his good service. This is, in my opinion, equally important as the quality of the product.

Jacques

#4 cirrus

cirrus

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 01 October 2003 - 05:34 PM

Thanks for the response gentlemen. I need to contact them regaarding replacement lenses.

cirrus

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics