•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

rare US meteorite sold

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dick Lipke

Dick Lipke

Viking 1

• topic starter

Posted 21 June 2008 - 02:26 PM

I wonder if that US dealer is among us :D
http://news.bbc.co.u...ure/7464583.stm

#2 edwincjones

edwincjones

Close Enough

Posted 21 June 2008 - 02:44 PM

I sure wish that Mike would have given me a chance to buy it before he sold it to that British Museum.

edj
:shrug:

#3 Dick Lipke

Dick Lipke

Viking 1

• topic starter

Posted 21 June 2008 - 05:23 PM

You would have expected him to at least show us a photo we could drool over before hand,maybe next time :roflmao:

#4 Glassthrower

Glassthrower

Vendor - Galactic Stone & Ironworks

• Vendors

Posted 21 June 2008 - 05:45 PM

I had heard of this meteorite before, but then forgot about it while chasing more well-known historical falls. I'll have to keep an eye out for some smaller micro-sized pieces of this "solar fall". It sounds like a must-have for collectors of rarities. I do recall that this fall is not one you see alot, so I can confirm it is pretty rare on the collector's market.

Regards and clear skies,

MikeG

PS - you'll know if I ever acquire/sell something like that, because I'll celebrate by purchasing 150mm AP Starfire. :lol:

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics